Chapter 61-More

Josh's POV
"I can't believe Jake is going to be someone's dad.." I mused as Dylan and I got ready for the New Years party. She was pulling her hair up into a high ponytail while I put on my mala beads.

"How are you doing with everything, babe?" She asked quizzically. I was confused by her question, but I walked into the bathroom and sat on the edge of the tub waiting on her to elaborate. "I mean, you and Opie were together not too long ago, and now she's getting married to your brother...and having a baby...are you okay?"

I laughed without thinking and covered my mouth because it caught me off guard. "I'm fine, pickles, I promise." I began. "Opie and I were together and it felt serious at the time, but it doesn't compare to what I have with you or what she has with Jake. I think the universe just used the two of us as a journey to connect us with who we were meant to be with..ya know?" I explained as I stood up and hugged her from behind. "I love you so much, Dyl," I whispered as I leaned in and kissed her neck. She craned her head sideways allowing me easier access to kiss her more.

She giggled before spinning around in my arms and kissing me passionately. "I love you, Joshua," she said with a smile before I kissed her again. I felt like I couldn't be close enough or show her enough affection. We couldn't get enough of each other ever since Christmas Day.

We had spent the last week in our own little world just being in love and enjoying the winter in Michigan. Jake and Opie had planned on heading back to Nashville at the beginning of the week, but the flights were grounded with the snow. They gave up and decided to ride back in the bus with everyone else.

"How do you think they're going to hide the fact that Opie isn't drinking?" Dylan asked as we walked out of my bedroom door.

"No idea," I said with a laugh. I knew if anyone would figure it out, it would be Ronnie, and once she knew, everyone knew. "You look incredible, by the way," I whispered into Dylan's ear. She blushed and adjusted her glasses, but she did look especially cute in her white turtleneck with a mustard yellow overall dress on top. I was proud of myself for matching somewhat with my chunky patterned sweater, which had yellow, maroon and blue, and my white pants. We both opted to go barefoot since we were just going down stairs.

"You're pretty cute yourself," she replied before kissing my cheek. I giggled and put my arm around her waist as we made our way downstairs.

Jake was standing outside the downstairs bathroom door looking around nervously. "Will you ask Danny to make our drinks?" I asked Dylan. She smiled and headed towards the kitchen. "Oh! Whatever you do, don't let Sam do it..." I called out before she got too far away. She laughed and nodded. "How is she?" I asked Jake with a pat on his shoulder.

"She's been getting sick a lot. I'm not sure why it's called morning sickness because she's sick all day long.." he complained as he ran his hand through his hair. I shrugged because I truly didn't know either. "We're both really excited, though. I've been begging to just tell Mom and Dad tonight so we could do it in person, and I've not been told no, yet," he added with a laugh.

"Oh shit! I forgot that they'll be grandparents.." I replied before I burst with laughter. Mom won't love the name grandma, but she would adore being one.

Jake laughed loudly, too, but stifled it once the bathroom door opened. Opie walked out in a flowy black dress with short sleeves. She looked pale, but her color came back when Jake handed her a piece of gum. "I'm sorry, love" he whispered before kissing her cheek. She leaned into his lips and closed her eyes as she took a deep breath. I recognized the technique and smiled.

"Opie! How are you?" Dylan exclaimed as she hurried over with 4 drinks and passed them out. "Yours is just juice, don't worry," she whispered softly to Opie causing Jake and I to nearly choke on our drinks with laughter.