Chapter 57-First

Ophelia's POV
I woke up Christmas morning to Jake bringing me breakfast in bed. The tray he brought had a giant bowl of fruits, and we sat together sharing as we talked. "Good morning, Mama," he whispered before kissing my cheek. I blushed and fed him a strawberry.

"Good morning, fiancé," I replied with a smile as I turned and leaned in to catch his lips with mine.

"Fiancé, huh? I like that," he cooed and kissed me again. "I'm so glad you said yes, Opie girl...I love you so much, and I can't wait to spend forever with you," he whispered softly.

"I love you, Jakey," I smirked back. "Oh I have something for you!" I beamed before jumping up and going to the closet to grab a small matte black gift bag with gold tissue paper. He grinned as I walked back and sat down beside him. "It's nothing big, but I hope you like it," I said as I handed him the bag.

He opened the gift and pulled out a small black box and a flask. The flask was made of petrified wood with a world map burned into it. Jake's eyes lit up when he flipped it over and saw JTK engraved on the back. "I love this, Opie!" He exclaimed before kissing me gently. I grinned back and waited on him to open the next gift. He lifted the lid off the small box and found 2 brown, leather bracelets that were engraved with "forever & always". He immediately put his on and then took my hand and slipped mine on for me. "We have matching bracelets now," he beamed.

He got up and grabbed a small red, ring box from a drawer in his dresser. After he sat back down beside me, he leaned in and kissed me before handing me the box. I looked down at it and smiled when I felt him running his fingers through my hair. The box opened easily, and I was greeted with a brass house key. I looked up at him with a confused look. "Jake? What's this?" I asked quietly.

He smirked and said, "I figured we would need our own place once we got married.."

"You didn't know that I'd say yes," I said sarcastically before laughing.

"I was hoping," he replied bashfully as he ran his fingers through his hair brushing it back out of his face. "It's a little house right out of Nashville city limits with a big kitchen and fenced in yard.." he added with a smile.

"It sounds perfect, Jakey," I beamed as I thought about our house where we could spend lazy Saturday afternoons together after going to the farmers market, we could watch our kid playing frisbee with our dog in the back yard, and I could stand in the doorway while Jake sang them their bedtime song. It really did sound perfect, I thought as I absentmindedly placed my hand on my flat tummy. "This kid doesn't even know how lucky they are to have such a sweet dad.." I whispered mostly to myself, but Jake was nearly in tears when I looked up at him. I kissed him gently before we decided to head downstairs.

Jake took the dishes from breakfast to the kitchen, and I made my way into the living room. This year, the kids were all wearing red and white striped pants, a long sleeve green shirt with a white collar, black buttons and a black belt, and a pointy green hat with a white fluff ball at the end. Clearly we were all meant to be elves, and it was super cute.

We all picked spots in the living room, and  I couldn't help but smile when Danny walked in with matching pajamas before taking his spot between Sammy and Ronnie. Jake chose a spot in the floor, and pulled me close until I was practically in his lap. Dylan sat on the other side of me as Josh passed out presents.

Mama and Papa K came in wearing pajamas that were meant to look like Santa's outfit, and we all laughed. It was really cute that they did matching pajamas every year, and I was so glad to be included. They passed out mugs of hot chocolate and coffee before taking a seat. I looked over to Dylan and smiled. "Is it like this every year?" She asked with an awkward smile and giggle.