Chapter 43-Truly

Ophelia's POV
Jake flashed me a big grin as he played, and I felt josh staring at me. I tried to ignore him, already dreading having to tell Jake about the kiss. I knew he'd be mad, and it hurt my heart to think about it.

Jake came over to me as Josh walked out to the mic. He started singing, but it sounded muffled as I tuned him out to focus on Jake. "I love you, babe" he said as he put his hands on my hips and pulled me in. Our bodies were pressed together as he leaned in for a kiss.

"I love you, Jake," I replied softly as we parted. "I need to tell you something though.." I began and took a deep breath. He held me close still and nodded. "While you were doing soundcheck, Josh showed me around the venue...and he kissed me," I finished as I watched and waited for his response. He didn't say anything which made me think he needed more information. "He took me to the staircase with the big windows, and we were just talking when he kissed me..I'm sorry, I should have pushed him away sooner, but I did push him away.."

He kissed my forehead, but maintained his furrowed brow and frown. "It's not your fault, Opie. He's just a selfish ass," he said calmly. His eyes darted towards Josh and his jaw clenched. Sammy and Danny started moving closer probably knowing what would come next. Josh looked over and saw Jakes scowl. His eyes got wide and he slowly slipped the mic back into the stand and began backing away with his hands up.

"Jake, we can talk about this.." he tried as Jake kept stepping closer and closer. Josh took off running, and Jake followed suit. I stood there shocked and watching as Sammy and Danny stood on either side of me. "JAKEY, NO!" Josh screamed as he darted behind Danny's drums.

"What happened this time?" Danny asked as the twins continued screaming at each other and dancing back and forth on either side of the drum set.

"Josh kissed me.." I groaned as I covered my face with my hand. Sammy cackled with laughter. "It's not funny, Sammy! Jake is going to kill him.."

"I'm going to kill you!" Jake growled through gritted teeth as he knocked the drums out of the way and grabbed Josh by the shoulders.

"See?" I said as I looked over at Sammy with my hands raised gesturing towards the twins.

Josh's eyes went wide, and he looked to me then back to Jake as he closed his eyes. "Not the face, please.." he whimpered.

"What the fuck is your problem?" Jake screamed into his face. Josh didn't appear to have an answer because he just looked down at his feet. "You cheated on Opie when you fucked Lauren. You didn't care about her or me then, don't pretend to care now!"

Josh threw a punch that crashed into Jake's nose. "I've always cared about her!" He spat as he glanced over towards me with tears in his eyes. Jake's fist landed squarely on his jaw busting his lip. He spat blood onto the ground and glared at Jake. "Fuck you, Jake! I said not the face!"

"No! You know what? Fuck you!" Jake hissed back as he wiped the blood from his nose onto his forearm. "Don't think I don't know that you left the bathroom door unlocked on purpose." He growled as Josh wiggled free.

Josh ran towards the front of the stage and grabbed the mic stand swinging it wildly towards Jake. "Don't act all high and mighty now, Jake, you know you were trying to make a move on her when we were together.." he said in a low tone.

Jake grabbed the mic stand and yanked it from Josh's hands tossing it to the side as he ran towards him. He tackled Josh to the ground and punched him in the stomach. "You're the fuck up. You can't let anyone else be happy. Ask her. Ask her what she wants..who she wants," he spat as he stood up leaving Josh lying on the stage holding his stomach.