Chapter 51-All Mine

Dylan's POV
I woke up early the next morning, and spent a few minutes journaling before crawling out of bed. I turned on some music and hopped in the shower. I took my time washing my hair and body, and using my favorite face cleanser before sitting on the edge of the tub to shave my legs. Wrapping myself in a towel, I stepped out and dried off.

After sorting through my clothes, I ended up deciding on a pair of bright yellow tights with a pair of vintage, high waisted shorts over them. The shorts were covered in vertical stripes of different colors and patterns, and the yellow tights matched some of the smaller details. I finished the look with a chunky olive green sweater and a pair of brown combat boots.

For makeup, I put lots of blush on my nose and cheeks, and a simple winged liner for my eyes. I decided to leave my hair down and straight, and felt pretty happy with my look for the day.

My phone started vibrating, and I saw one of my favorite play directors' name pop up. My heart was racing when I answered.

"Kathryn! Hi! How are you?" I asked in a voice much too high to be casual.

"Dylan, dear...I have a favor to ask you," she said in her signature sing-song tone. My heart fluttered a little at the possibilities, but I quickly reminded myself that she likely just wants me to help paint the sets for a play or something. "We are putting on an adaptation of Romeo and Juliette—very short notice as we're shooting for Wednesday evening—and you are the only person I know that can learn all the lines in such a short time.."

"You want me to play Juliette?" I nearly squealed.

She giggled into the phone before continuing, "Obviously! Will you do it?"

"Of course! I'd love to play Juliette! I already know most of the lines. Who is our Romeo?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Do you remember Kevin?" She started to explain who he was, but I cut her off.

"Yes, I remember him...he's very talented," I replied, purposely leaving out that he's a total slimeball..or that we used to date.

"That's wonderful! Listen, Dylan, I've got to run, but we'll be practicing almost all day Tuesday then a dress rehearsal Wednesday afternoon. Curtains go up at 6pm Wednesday night. Thank youuuu!" She hung up the phone before I could say anything else. I sat there in stunned silence for a few moments.

I made a mental note to explain it all to Josh tonight. I'm not sure if it's a date or not, but we're going to the movies together and I'm really excited. For now, I went over and over the script until my brain felt mushy. Hours and hours passed, and I finally heard a knock on my door.

I opened it to see a big smile on Josh's face. I pulled him into a hug, and realized how much more comfortable and confident I felt around him. "I missed you, too, pickles!" He said while laughing when our hug lasted a little too long. I blushed as I giggled with him.

We walked out to his Jeep and climbed in. I flipped through a playlist before landing on Sleeping On The Floor by The Lumineers. Josh and I sang along as he drove. I blushed when he put his hand on my thigh, but knew I wanted more.

When we parked, I paused before getting out of the car. "Josh.." I began.

"What's up, mama?" Josh asked as he turned yo face me with a grin. His lips looked perfectly kissable, and I licked mine without thinking.

"Is this a date?" I asked and immediately regretted it. What if he said no? I didn't want to make things weird between us.

He looked like he was struggling to form an answer, which made my heart sink. "I was hoping it was," he replied with a big smile. "You're my best friend, and I'd love to take you on a date.."