Chapter 63-Kicking And Screaming

Josh's POV
I rolled over in bed stretching before pulling Dylan in closer to my chest. She was still sleeping soundly as I kissed the top
Of her head. It was 11:30am, and we still needed to get ready for the day. I gently whispered, "Pickles, it's time to get up." I had been awake most of the night just worrying about today. Once we got back from Michigan, she told me that the doctors had found a mass in her neck when she was in the hospital for the car wreck. I freaked out internally, but did my best to stay calm for her. The odds were good that it was nothing serious, but there was a chance that it could be malignant. Thankfully, she asked me to come with her for a biopsy today, but I was extremely anxious.

"You didn't sleep at all, did you?" She asked sleepily as she sat up with her back against the headboard. She smiled and stretched her arms above her head. Her hair was piled on top of her head with loose strands falling around her face, and her eyes were still puffy from sleep. I smiled gently getting lost in her effortless beauty.

"I slept some.." I replied as I took her chin in my hand and tilted her face up before kissing her lips gently. She hummed into our kiss, and my lips curled into a smile. I wanted to stay in bed with her all day, but we had such a busy day planned. "We've got lunch with Opie and the guys before the appointment, so we should probably hurry and get ready," I said softly.

"Mhmm," she agreed, but continued to kiss me. My phone went off, and I pulled away trying to glance at it. "Is that Jake?" She asked knowingly before smiling. She knew he liked to micromanage me when it came to schedules...mostly because I'm always late to everything.

"Yeah, he just wanted to make sure we'd be at the restaurant by 1pm.." I replied before kissing her once more and standing up. She groaned, but held out her hand for me to pull her to her feet. We showered together like we usually did when we stayed the night together, and got dressed. She wore a dark green maxi skirt with a cream colored blouse. I wore my usual outfit of a long sleeve white shirt and khakis. We each slipped on our shoes after we brushed our teeth and fixed our hair. She put on her glasses as we walked out the door.

When we walked in to the diner style restaurant, Jake, Opie, Danny, and Sammy were already sitting at the long table with drinks in front of them. "We're not even late this time," I mumbled as we took our seats across from Jake and Opie.

"No, you guys are good! We were early because we're anxious," Opie said nervously. We ordered our drinks and food, and continued chatting. Once we were done eating, Jake cleared his throat to get our attention.

"Opie and I have an exciting announcement to make.." Jake began with a smirk. He glanced over to his fiancé, and blushed. Dylan and I were already aware of their announcement, but we were still so giddy that we didn't even have to feign excitement. Opie pulled out a piece of paper and passed it to Sammy. He held it up while he and Danny looked at it and smiled. "You guys are the absolute best brothers that a guy could ever ask for, and we're excited to see how great you are going to be at being uncles.." he said softly with tears welling in his eyes. Opie was beaming beside him.

"Don't forget Aunt Dylan!" Opie said proudly before reaching across the table and squeezing Dylan's hand. Dylan blushed as she smiled widely back at her. Sam and Danny were thrilled as they laughed and jumped up to hug Jake. I stood up and walked around the table to hug Opie.

"You're going to be such a wonderful mom," I whispered as I pulled her close. Her shoulders trembled and I could feel the tears starting to soak into my shirt.

"Thank you," she said quietly between sobs. I kissed her temple as Dylan joined in on the hug. "These damn hormones have me so emotional," she said with a smile before hugging Dylan.

"I love babies! I can't wait to meet them," I said excitedly as Jake wrapped his arms around Opie from behind. "When do you find out the sex?" I asked curiously as we parted.