Chapter 24-Tonight

Ophelia's POV
"I booked you guys 2 round trip tickets for the weekend, I just need you at the venue by 4," I said quietly but happily.

"Honey, you know we'll be there! Kelly and I can't wait to see all of our kids again," Mama K said in her usual happy and excited tone.

"Don't forget that it's a surprise, okay?" I gently reminded.

"We won't tell Josh," she said with a laugh. "I love you, sweet girl," she cooed.

"I love you too, Mama! I'll see you Saturday," I said as we finished the call.

I slowly stepped out of the bathroom I was hiding in, and saw Josh laying naked on his bed face down with his head towards the foot of the bed watching an old movie. I giggled to myself at the sight, but his cute little butt drew me in. I sat beside him and kissed his toned and tan shoulder before smacking his tight little booty. My grin nearly reached my ears.

"Oooh mama! You know I'm always down, but it's too bad you're already dressed," Josh said cheekily.

I pushed him gently and said, "Joshyyy, you know I have errands to run today...I'll meet you back here this evening, though. You and Jake are going out for drinks, right?"

"Yeah yeah, but I'd rather spend the day in bed with you," he said with a wink. I leaned down and kissed his lips. He tried to pull me in for more, but I broke away with a smile. He groaned but smiled back and said, "fine..I love you, Ophelia, and I'll see you tonight."

"Tonight," I said as a confirmation before I backed out of the bedroom, keeping my eyes on my handsome boyfriend until I closed the door. I let out a long sigh then headed towards the Jeep that he was letting me borrow for the day.

I climbed inside and sat for a moment enjoying the rare silence. I had been planning this surprise party for a week now, and everything was coming together. I'll have to apologize to Jake later for not using his theme idea, but inspiration struck.

I drove straight to the movie theater I had rented out. It was one that Josh and I went to regularly for date nights, but I had the lobby transformed into a speakeasy with a full bar. There were funky rugs all over the floor and colorful drapes hung everywhere to set up a bohemian atmosphere. I had 3 of Josh's favorite movies picked out and playing in the 3 largest theater rooms. Waiters were walking around with finger foods like fancy sandwiches and hors-dœrvres, but the bar was stocked with any liquor you could think of. The specials were flaming shots and salty dogs. I was so excited for Josh to see everything, and I was fully prepared for him to freak out, in the best way.

After getting everything set up, I went to the bathroom and fixed my hair and make up. My hair was full and loosely curled in big beachy waves with one side pinned back. I opted for a gold eyeshadow with long dark lashes and a neutral lip. I had a beautiful dark blue dress picked out. It was floor length with a slit up to my hip. The top had a low v neck with sheer sleeves and lots of gold sparkles shaped like stars. The bottom hugged my hips and curves, and I felt very sexy. I paired it with a pair of shiny gold heels. I can only hope Josh wears the outfit I laid out for him that matches because he is going to live for the visual drama.

Guests finally started arriving, and my heart was beating out of my chest as I greeted them. I gave each one the rundown of food, drinks, movies and where to hide. Sammy and Danny walked in towards the end, and I ran to say hello. It had been a week or so since I last saw them, and I missed their silly selves.

Danny wore a pair of green skinny dress pants and a long sleeve floral button up. Sammy wore a green long sleeve button up with skinny floral dress pants. They both looked amazing with their hair down.