Chapter 42-Poor Thing

Josh's POV
After breakfast, Sammy, Danny and I wandered around London looking for thrift shops and record stores. Usually Jake would join us for this kind of thing, but he would understandably prefer to spend the day with Ophelia.

"How are you holding up?" Danny asked nonchalantly looking over to me as we walked down the street. Sammy turned to watch me respond.

I sighed and kicked a pebble down the sidewalk. "I'm glad she's here..." I replied softly.

"That's not an answer, Joshy," Sammy said as he threw his long arm around me, pulling me in to a headlock. I laughed and struggled to pull away.

"What do you want from me? I love her and love having her around...but it sucks that I have to see her be so happy with Jake," I groaned as I looked back up to see their sympathetic faces. I shook my head and pushed Sammy so hard he bounced into Danny and they both erupted with laughter.

My playful shove turned into a game of bouncing Sam back and forth between us until he switched spots with me. Our rambunctious laughter echoed through the fairly empty street.

We found a really interesting looking thrift shop, and browsed through almost everything. I bought a colorful patterned shirt and a pair of vertical striped jeans. Sammy found a pair of bright purple loafers and a leather jacket. Danny found a bunch of old band tshirts.

Next door, there was a vintage record store, and we meandered through it for hours searching for treasure. I found lots of old soundtrack vinyls, some Bob Dylan records, and a lot of old Beatles and Rolling Stones records.

"I'm in heaven," Sammy sighed as he hugged a Basement Tapes vinyl. Danny laughed and added another Led Zeppelin record to his collection. We checked out and carried our newest possessions back to the tour bus. I climbed into my top bunk and stowed my treasures in the bunk below me.

"We are going to meet Jake and Opie for lunch down the road, you coming?" Danny asked with a smile as he leaned onto my bed with his elbows.

I looked down at my phone and saw that Dylan would probably be awake by now. "No, I've got some stuff to do...You guys go ahead! Tell them I'll catch up with them later," I replied with a smirk. Danny nodded and walked out with a giggling Sammy.

I basked in the rare silence for a moment, then tapped on Dylan's name. For some reason I felt my heart start to race as it rang. Hopefully it wasn't too early with the time difference, but I wanted to talk to her before the show.

"Josh...it's 8am here," she said sleepily, but I could hear the smile in her voice.

"I thought you might miss me," I replied with a giggle that caused her to snort. "You ready for an Ophelia update?" I teased.

"Hit me with it," she said calmly. I could tell she was really listening and probably had sat up in bed by now. I smiled at the thought because I would've been much grumpier at an 8am phone call.

"Ophelia got in the shower with me last night.." I began.

"WHAT? You work fast!" She said as she cackled with laughter. "How did you manage that?" She asked still struggling to hold in her giggles.

"Well...while I appreciate the faith you have in me, that's not exactly what happened. I was using her and Jake's shower because Sammy was waiting on an exorcism in ours," I began. She snorted again.

"Poor thing," she said dryly.

"She was asleep when I got in, but she stepped in behind me a few minutes later...and-and she ran her hand down my back causing me to turn around," I continued. "She realized I wasn't Jake and fell out of the shower knocking herself unconscious!" I finished.