Chapter 52-Deal

Josh's POV
I woke up still amazed that Dylan had finally agreed to be my girlfriend. I'm not sure when my feelings changed from friendship to wanting more, but she was all I thought about now.

I had dropped her off at her house last night with a sweet goodnight kiss, and was really hoping she'd invite me in, but she was serious about taking things slow. It was honestly kind of refreshing after the tour and having girls throwing themselves at me. Dylan was different.

I sent her a quick "Good morning, beautiful" text before getting ready to head to the studio. I was determined to knock my stuff out early so I could catch some of her rehearsal.

The studio today was a breeze. Jake was struggling a little more, but I was able to lay down all the needed vocals within a few hours. I decided to go pick up lunch to surprise Dylan. I called in an order to the Chinese place downtown, and got in the Jeep to head that way.

I pulled in to the theater parking lot, and started to head inside. When I walked inside, I could see Dylan and a man that I didn't recognize on the stage. I tried to stay quiet so I didn't interrupt their rehearsal. I took a seat near the back and sat quietly watching as they ran through a scene.

The director yelled cut, and the scene paused for their lunch break. I started to make my way closer, but stopped when I heard the man talking to Dylan.

"You look amazing, Dylan..I think about you all the time," he said as he reached out and grabbed her arm. I stood up to go help, but tried to calm myself as to not embarrass her.

"Thanks, but I'm not interested," she replied softly as she tried to walk away, but he pulled her arm twisting her back to him. "Kevin, let me go.." she said sternly. I clenched my jaw as I watched.

"Are you still doing that?" He said in a tone I didn't appreciate.

"Still doing what?" She asked incredulously.

"The thing you always did where you would flirt and lead people on then when it came time to actually do something, you'd bail.." he replied with a frown as he tried pulling her closer. I couldn't handle it anymore, and ran up on the stage stepping between them breaking his grip on her.

"Leave her alone," I said in a low stern voice with a furrowed brow. He tried to sidestep me to talk to Dylan again.

"What? You need a bodyguard now? I just wanted to take you to lunch. Stop being so dramatic.." he said as he tried to get to her. I held myself between them and turned to check on her to see tears pooling in her eyes. I felt my jaw clench again as I turned back to see Kevin looking at her in a disgusting way, like she was a prize or a piece of meat.

"Kevin, I said leave her alone," I hissed.

"We're in a play together, Dylan...you can't avoid me forever," he said with a smile on his face. My hands formed fists at my side as I glared at him. "We still have a kissing scene to do anyway," he teased. Dylan was practically hiding behind me fighting back tears. "She's not worth it, dude. She's just going to lead you on and it won't ever go anywhere..you'll see."

That's all it took. I saw red, and my right hand crashed into Kevin's face knocking him backwards. He stumbled a little before steadying himself and smiling. My left hand crashed into his right eye, and he was rocked backwards again before tripping over a prop on stage.

I felt Dylan's arms wrap around my waist as she pulled me backwards. "Josh, let's go, please," she pleaded. I backed away from Kevin as he stood back up.

"You're going to regret that," he hissed as he wiped the blood from his face onto his sleeve. I smiled at him as Dylan held my hand.

"Not as much as you will," I replied before leading Dylan down the steps and out the door. We climbed into the Jeep, and I drove to the park nearby to eat together under the gazebo.