Chapter 22-Actually

Ophelia's POV
"I love you, mama. Text me when you get up," Josh said as he kissed my cheek. Even half asleep I felt the butterflies in my tummy flutter. I heard him drive off, then I got up to shower and get ready.

I brushed my hair and teeth, then put on a pair of holey jeans, ankle socks, black converses, and one of Josh's tie dye shirts. I pulled my hair back in to two French braids, untangled the stray hairs from my ring from Josh, and straightened my necklace from Jake.

I walked into the living room to see Jake waiting on me. When our eyes met, he smiled and his cheeks flushed.

"I hope you weren't waiting too long," I said as I smiled back and helped him to his feet.

"Oh no, just a moment or two," he said as walked towards his car. "Where are we headed?" He asked nervously.

"Anywhere you want for lunch, my treat," I beamed.

"You're not buying my lunch, but I know this great diner not too far from here," he replied as he backed out of the garage and started driving towards it.

"Fine," I said in a huff. Honestly, I was going to be lucky if he even let me pay for my own food. In the short ride there, I giggled to myself as he sang his heart out to White Room by Cream. He even played air guitar at the red lights. We pulled in to the parking lot before the song ended, but he locked the door until it was over. I couldn't contain my laughter as he got more animated once we parked.

The place was small but very cute and retro. I could immediately see why Jake liked it. We sat across from each other at a booth with bright blue seats and white table tops. The menu appeared endless, and I felt my eyes widen before Jake took mine promising he'd order something I'd like. The waitress came, and we both ordered sweet tea in true Nashville fashion.

As Jake ordered our food, I sent Josh a quick text.

-Good morning, babe! Sorry I was still sleeping when you left...I'm going out to lunch with Jake, but I should be home when you are later! :)

He responded just a few seconds later, to my surprise.

❤️ Joshy 💩-Hey mama! Im actually getting out earlier than I thought. Where are you guys going? I'll just meet you there.

- No, that's okay, I'll just meet you at home. I love you babe!

Hopefully that doesn't make him too suspicious, but I can't risk him finding out about my plans. If he's mad, I'll deal with it later, I guess. He didn't respond, so I put my phone away. I looked up to see Jake pointing to something on the menu and saying, "Two of these, please." The waitress nodded and smiled before leaving the table without writing anything down.

"She thinks we're on a date," he said with a laugh that invited mine to join. She immediately returned with our drinks, but I noticed her smiling at him then glancing towards me as her smile dropped. He had such a funny effect on women that I assumed he was oblivious to, but I guess I was wrong. I giggled when she walked away.

"I'm glad she's not the one making my food," I joked and he shook his head laughing. "Hey so, I really wanted to try to get your help with something..." I began.

"Anything, Opie. What do you need?" He replied with a smile.

"Your birthday is coming up soon, and I was hoping to plan a party for this weekend as a surprise for Josh...I mean you too obviously, but we could even have a different party for you on your actual birthday next week.." I emphasized. He grinned and looked down before looking back up and laughing.