Chapter 15-Tour time

Josh was hurriedly running around his house trying to pack everything last minute, while Jake and I sat on the couch laughing. Jake had been packed for days, and I was just here to drive them to the airport and say bye.

"Baaaaabe, do you need some help?" I asked as he ran to his room a third time.

"Nope, I'm good! You just sit there and look pretty!" He replied as he popped his head into the living room to flash me his huge grin. I loved when he smiled that big and his dimple became more evident. "I'll be ready innnnnnn onneeeee miiiiinnnnuteee..." he said as he continued to pack.

"He's always late.." Jake said with a smirk. "They have to make his schedule different from ours hoping he'd be on time, but he's still late," he laughed.

"Tell me about it," I joked back with an exaggerated eye roll.

"I heard that!" Josh yelled from his room. Jake and I looked at each other before bursting with laughter.

Ever since Christmas and coming back to Nashville, the three of us had spent a lot of time together. It was really fun seeing them play around and laugh together again. I rarely stayed at my own apartment for the week or so since we had been back, so I was not looking forward to this month long tour.

Josh finally emerged with all his stuff packed and ready. Jake helped him load it into the Jeep. Before we got in the Jeep, Josh came to me on the driver's side, and pinned me against the door, caressing my cheek with his left hand. I looked up into his eyes and felt my cheeks blush.

"I'm going to miss you so much, Ophelia.." he said before tucking my hair behind my ear and kissing me deeply. I felt my heart sink at the extra reminder that he would be gone.

"I'll miss you more," I mumbled into his lips unwilling to pull away from him. I felt his lips curl into a smile as he peppered my lips with gentle pecks instead of the long kiss.

"We gotta get going, I can feel Jake's impatience from here," he said with a light laugh. I glanced back to see Jake sitting in the back seat with his arms crossed as he waited. Poor Jakey.

We rode to the airport in relative silence, just the dramatic goodbye, I'll miss you playlist that Josh made. I rolled my eyes when he turned on Leaving On A Jet Plane, but couldn't stop myself from singing along.

When we finally arrived, I felt a sharp pang in my heart knowing I wouldn't see my boyfriend for a whole month, especially since we had only been together for less than 2 months now.

I got out of the Jeep, and hugged Jake first. "I'll miss you, Jakey, but I know you guys are going to be amazing!" I kissed his cheek before turning to Josh as Jake walked away.

I jumped up and wrapped my arms and legs around him. He had to sit his bags down to steady himself. I pressed my lips to his firmly trying desperately to keep the tears at bay.

"It's only a month,Opie...we can do this. I'll call you every chance I get, okay?" He comforted me. I bit my lip and nodded. "I love you so fucking much.." he said as he kissed me.

"I love you, too...I'll see you soon," I said as he turned to head inside. I sat down in the drivers seat of the Jeep and allowed a few tears to fall as I watched him walk through the front doors.

Then I drove home sobbing to Josh's dumb playlist internally kicking myself for turning it on. I already missed his stupid jokes, his big smile, his adorable dimple, his mesmerizing brown eyes, and just having him near me...but it's just a month. No big deal.

The four weeks that passed while he was gone were fairly uneventful. Josh had practically forced me to keep the Jeep so I wouldn't have to walk home at night after work. It definitely made getting to and from work a little easier...parking in Nashville is no joke, though. I had settled back into my usual work schedule, and talked to Josh on the phone every night after I was off and he was off stage. He would go over the set list and the travel plans, and I would complain about crazy customers. We'd talk about how we missed each other and we'd talk again soon. Each call ended with an I love you more argument. We were that couple, and I loved it.