Chapter 53-Honest

Dylan's POV
I stepped off the bus and onto the driveway at the Kiszka's family home. It was smaller than I expected for 6 people to live there, but it was beautiful, especially as the snow was falling all around. I watched as Sammy, Jake and Opie walked inside, but I hung back with Josh.

"Are you nervous?" he asked as he pulled me into his chest for a hug. I smiled and enjoyed the heat pouring out of him.

"Yes...what if they don't like me?" I asked sheepishly glancing up at him to see a big smile spread across his face.

"Honestly, I'm more worried that they'll like you more than they like me," he replied causing me to giggle. He kissed my forehead sweetly and said, "We don't have to go inside, yet, if you're not ready.."

I thought about it for a moment before responding. "Can we wait a little longer?" I asked.

"Of course, love," he grinned as he took my hand and lead me behind their house. There was a small trail that wound further back through a wooded area. Thankfully, he had insisted on getting me a large winter coat because the one I typically wore in Tennessee would not have cut through this cold.

"Where are we going?" I asked the further away from the house we got.

"You'll see!" He said in a song-song voice as he beamed at me mischievously. I followed him all the way back to a small pond surrounded by a clearing. It was gorgeous and untouched. "I used to come out here all the time to meditate and get away from the chaos of the house...it's always so peaceful and beautiful, like you," he said as he held me close and put his cold hand against my cheek pulling me in to a kiss.

I let out a breath I didn't realize I had been holding before kissing him back. "How is this place even real?" I asked. "It looks like a painting.." I added with a laugh. He laughed with me and I felt so at ease and content just being with him.

"If any of the family chaos gets to be too much for you, just let me know, and I'll whisk you away from it all," he said as he lifted me by my waist and throwing me over his shoulder. I cackled with laughter. "For now, I've got a gorgeous girlfriend to show off!"

I giggled the whole way back and he plopped me down by the back door to catch his breath. I straightened my paint splattered overalls and internally kicked myself for not dressing nicer. I had a pair of orange tights underneath since the overalls were shorts, and I paired them with a long sleeve tie dye shirt that I usually only wore for bed.

"Are you sure I look okay? I can go back to the bus and—" I began to spiral but Josh interrupted.

"Pickles, you're perfect. You are breathtakingly beautiful, and I know my family is going to love you.." he whispered as he tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear. I blushed and leaned forward resting my forehead on his chest. He hooked his index finger below my chin and tilted my face up to his. His lips pressed against mine gently as he held me there, and I felt a wave of calm rush over me. "Are you ready?" He asked as he took my hand and reached for the door. I nodded and followed him inside.

We walked in to the kitchen to see a man pulling something from the oven. "Hey, Pop!" Josh said as he ran over wrapping his arms around his dad. "This is Dylan, my girlfriend," he beamed as he gestured my direction. I awkwardly bowed and blushed once I realized what I did. "Dylan, this is my dad, Kelly," he said as he motioned towards the smiling man.

"Dylan, we're so happy to have you here with us," Kelly said with a grin that matched his boys.

"You're too kind, Mr. Kiszka! Thank you for allowing me to join y'all for the holidays..Your home is beautiful," I said with a smile.