Chapter 67-Little Princess

Ophelia's POV
"Are you sure you should be doing that, babe?" Jake asked when he walked into the nursery and saw me organizing the dresser crammed full of baby clothes for the third time this week. The shower was weeks ago, and while we had finally gotten everything put away, I just couldn't stop myself from rethinking and changing things. I guess this was "nesting" and it was driving Jake a little crazy.

"I'm perfectly capable of doing things!" I said defiantly as he hugged me from behind, leaning in and resting his chin on my shoulder. His hands trailed down until his fingers were spread across my belly. The baby kicked him eliciting laughter from both of us.

"You two are already ganging up on me, huh?" He joked before kissing my cheek lightly. I twisted around to face him, holding his face in my hands before kissing him sweetly.

"Oh whatever!" I laughed loudly. "We both know she's going to be a daddy's girl," I replied with a smirk. He absolutely melted as he beamed back at me.

"Yeah well I wish she'd hurry up..her due date was days ago.." he mumbled, still smiling.

"She is a Kiszka.." I teased causing him to bubble with laughter. We continued going through her clothes together, placing them in the drawers and the closet according to size.

"Are you hungry? I was thinking of ordering a pizza.." Jake mentioned once we started to walk back into the living room.

"...can we postmates me a cookie dough milkshake?" I asked shyly as we sat down in on the couch.

"Anything you want," he beamed as he lifted my feet into his lap and began rubbing them. I moaned involuntarily and he giggled. I pulled out my phone and silently placed an order for pizza and a cookie dough milkshake while Jake rubbed my swollen ankles and feet. "I still can't believe we made a whole ass person.." he whispered softly while I flipped through the tv channels.

"Well, one of us made a person.." I teased playfully shooting him a quick smile as I nudged him with my foot causing him to giggle.

"Hey..I helped," he managed between fits of laughter. I grabbed his hand and placed it low on my belly where she was kicking wildly. His laugh always made her happy like that, and I couldn't wait to see how close they'd be as she grows. I watched as his eyes lit up and a smile spread across his face. "Hi sweet little bean...your daddy is right here, and I really can't wait to meet you.." he whispered before kissing my bump. He looked up at me through his long dark lashes, smiling as if mesmerized by me. "I love you so much, Opie girl.." he said softly before leaning back up to kiss me gently.

The pizza and milkshake arrived, and we both ate happily while watching a live recording of a really old concert that Jake was absolutely geeking over. He always had to be touching me even if he was fully engrossed in the movie, and I loved how close we were even if it never felt close enough. "It's probably too late to ask now, but do you think having a baby is going to change anything between us? I mean I love you so much...and I already love her so much..but what if there's just not enough of us to go around?" I asked nervously. I'm not even sure where that came from, but the look on his face told me he had thought it at least once, too.

"If it changes anything, having our baby is just going to make me love you more. You're always going to be my number one, Ophelia. Please don't worry..I promise to spend every day making sure you know how much I love both of my girls," he replied smoothly. I held his chin in my hand and pulled him in to a sweet kiss.

"I can't wait to see you be a dad," I whispered thoughtfully as I caressed his cheek and gazed lovingly into his warm honey brown eyes. "I hope she looks like you.." I added before kissing him again. He blushed as he placed his hand on my belly only to be kicked by our little girl.