Chapter 12-Lovebirds part 2

Josh's POV
Opie climbed out of bed and headed towards the bathroom to shower. I wasn't quite ready, so I hung back. I reached over to check the time, and noticed a plate with a sun shaped cookie on it. Jake and I had always had our own sort of symbols for each other. Mine was the sun and his was the moon, so I already knew this was his doing. I sighed because we still hadn't talked after our fight, and I wasn't looking forward to it. I picked up the plate to catch any crumbs as I ate the cookie, but noticed a note in Jake's handwriting underneath it.

Josh,

I'm sorry about the fight. I was being a dick. You were right.

-Jake

I crumpled it up and threw it away. None of that was new news to me, and that was not the apology I was looking for. In an effort to not let him spoil my mood, I hopped up to join my girlfriend in the shower. I wasn't sure if I should knock or not, but I ended up just sliding the door open. She looked me up and down as a smile danced across her face.

"Mind if I join?" I asked as I stepped in with her. She placed a hand on either of my hips and pulled me in pressing our bodies together under the warm water.

"Someone's already ready for round 2?" She said as she glanced down to see me semi-erect and smiled. God, she's beautiful..

I bit my lip and put my hand on the back of her neck to pull her in for a kiss as my other hand settled on her hip. I pressed my lips firmly to hers, and I licked her bottom lip waiting for her lips to part enough for my tongue to slip inside. Her lips parted, and her tongue met mine. I stifled a groan as we made out and my erection pressed against her.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

"Good morning, love birds! Press pause and come down for breakfast, please," we parted as we heard a voice say from outside the bathroom door. Great, Mom is a cockblock now, I giggled. Opie blushed and bit her lip.

"We'll be right down, Mama!" I said as I gave Opie's hip a gentle squeeze. I heard Mom laugh as she walked away, and I was sure I'd hear about this later. I shook my head.

We finished actually showering, and brushed our teeth together before getting dressed. Opie begged to pick out my outfit, because she apparently had a problem with my khakis and white shirt combo. It was cute, so i agreed as long as she would let me pick out her outfit. She looked gorgeous regardless, but I was excited.

She went through my clothes while wearing a towel. I sat on the bed enjoying the view. She eventually picked a long sleeve red and white patterned shirt that I used to wear in interviews. She laid out some medium wash, high-waisted, bell bottom jeans with a braided belt to go with it. She tried to get me to wear some white Chelsea's that probably belonged to Jake, but I wore my black Birkenstock sandals, despite Opie's complaints. While I dressed, she went back to the bathroom to do her hair. I smiled when I saw myself in the mirror. She did a good job making me look good. I looked to her as she walked back in, and said, "My turn!"

To my dismay, she put on a bra and panties before sitting on the bed to wait as I sorted through the clothes I had brought. I made a note to take her shopping for more clothes soon. I found a colorful, floral print crop top with long bell sleeves and a deep v-neck. I matched it with a pair of dark green, velvet, high-waisted bell bottoms. She put on brown ankle boots with a small heel making her just a few inches shorter than me. She looked amazing..

Mom gasped and clapped when she saw us coming down for breakfast. "You two look AMAZING! Just like movie stars from the 70's," she beamed as she hugged us. "Good morning! I made pancakes if you're hungry...if you're not, eat some anyway," she teased.