Chapter 54-Disgusting

Josh's POV
We had planned to spend 4 weeks in Michigan to catch up with our families and be there for the big New Years party. For the first week, Mom had planned every waking hour to be spent thrift shopping, baking, visiting grandparents, and general Christmas chaos. Dylan seemed to be loving all the family time, but I was dying to be alone with her.

Week 2 was a little bit of band promotional stuff because Jake had this brilliant idea to shoot a Christmas video to release as our "gift" to the peaceful army. It wasn't going to be full production, more like a behind the scenes look. We filmed a lot during the week with the family, so this week was just us going in to the studio in Detroit to record the song we wanted to use.

"Are you almost ready?" Dylan whined from the edge of my bed while I fixed my hair in the bathroom. I laughed because it had not taken her any time to get ready. She had thrown on her black suspender skirt over a a pair of black tights and a white flowy high-necked blouse that had a loosely knitted bow at her throat. She never wore much makeup other than blush on her nose and cheeks and some mascara and occasional eyeliner. Her round framed glasses always completed her look and made her extra cute, but especially when she had her long dark hair pulled up into two buns on top of her head.

I peaked out of the bathroom and winked at her when I said, "Not all of us are as effortlessly beautiful as you, my love." She groaned as she's never really been good at accepting compliments, despite the fact that I'm always giving them to her.

After I was satisfied with my own look for the day, I sat down on the bed beside her to put on my white vans. She slipped on a pair of black Mary Janes and stood up to pull me off the bed. I leaned back playing dead weight causing her to fall forward on top of me. I grinned and leaned up to kiss her as she giggled and kissed me back. "Josh, we're going to be late, and I promised Opie we wouldn't be!" She managed to speak through her laughter even with me tickling her sides.

"Fine," I groaned playfully as I released her and stood up. "How do I look?" I asked to make sure I looked okay, and to have her compliment me. I had put on a pair of khaki pants, a black tshirt, and a black shirt with cream colored polka dots.

"As handsome as ever," she beamed and blushed before leaning in to kiss me. I smiled back and was just enjoying that she's beginning to get more comfortable with me. I hated how hard it was for me to not touch her or kiss her all the time because that's how I show my affection, but I didn't want her to feel pressured or uncomfortable in any way.

She took my hand and I interlaced our fingers before kissing her forehead gently. "I...like you a lot, pickles," I whispered, fighting the urge to tell her how much I love her. It was so soon, and I was terrified that I would scare her away.

She smiled and leaned up to kiss my lips softly. "I like you, too," she replied, "but can we goooooo?" She began pulling me towards the door, and I bursted with laughter as she struggled to drag me behind her.

Instead of taking multiple cars, we all piled into one big van together. Danny, Sammy and I sat in the back, Opie and Dylan sat in the bucket seats in the middle, and Jake sat in the passenger seat while the driver drove us to the studio in Detroit.

Dylan and Opie were getting along surprisingly well, and it made my heart happy. Jake gave the driver the address and turned around in his seat to face Opie. They smiled at each other and she leaned forward to kiss him. Sam and Danny groaned loudly, and I giggled. Dylan turned to face me with a smile. I made a heart shape with my hands and blew her a kiss since we were too far apart to actually kiss.

"Oh my god...how are you two even worse than them?" Sammy said in a disgusted tone while Danny covered his face and laughed. I leaned into him with my shoulder causing him to bump into Sammy and knock him into the side of the car. All of us laughed together and joked around the rest of the car ride.