Chapter 55-Girls' Day

Dylan's POV
"Hey, guys, I have a favor to ask.." Jake said as he walked over with his own plate of breakfast to join us at the big dining room table at the Kiszka house. Christmas was in two days, and everyone was going crazy scrambling to get everything ready. They weren't throwing a big party, but once you counted all of the family, it wasn't a small party either. Josh looked over to me hoping I had an answer. I nodded and waited to see what Jake needed. "I'm planning a surprise for Opie..Dylan, can you take her out for a girls day? Feel free to invite Mom and Ronnie. Josh, I need your help setting everything up while they're gone." He explained but kept it as vague as possible.

Josh looked to me with wide eyes and I knew we were thinking the same thing..but we wouldn't ruin it for Jake. "Yes, we're happy to help, brother," Josh said before standing up to hug him.

"Thank you guys, it means a lot.. She's showering now because we were going to go out, but I'm going to say the studio called and bail..that's where you come in, Dyl. I have faith in you, i love you, you're the best!" He exclaimed as he hurried off after hearing Opie coming down the stairs.

I looked at josh and smiled before flipping my hair dramatically. "Did you hear that? I've got two Kiszka men that love me.." I teased and laughed as josh rolled his eyes. He leaned in to kiss me sweetly for a moment before whispering, "I love you so much," and walking out after Jake.

"Where are they off to in such a hurry?" Opie asked as she took a seat beside me. I grinned at her already struggling to maintain the secrecy Jake asked for.

"I think Jake got a phone call about the band, so Josh followed to see what's up," I lied smoothly. "Good morning, though! You look gorgeous!" I exclaimed as I looked over her outfit. I was still in pajamas, but she had on a black mini dress covered in colorful flowers, black knee high leather boots, a chunky oversized pink sweater that matched some of the flowers on the dress, and a black wide brimmed hat that I've seen Jake wear before.

"Dyl! You're too sweet!" She beamed at me with pink cheeks. Her makeup was minimal, but I could tell she had on some light brown eyeshadow and mascara along with some blush and highlighter. Her long blonde hair looked flawless as it cascaded in waves framing her face. "Jake and I are having a date day, so I wanted to look cute," she added as she stuck out her lower lip. I internally screamed fighting to hold in the information I had.

"Babe, I've got some bad news," Jake said glumly as he walked back in to the kitchen. She pouted up at him as he started massaging her shoulders and leaning around the hat to kiss her cheek. "Our manager called, and we've gotta head back in to the studio and rerecord some stuff..I'm so sorry, Opie girl. I promise I will make it up to you," he said in a sweet tone before peppering her cheek and neck with small feathery kisses that caused her to giggle.

"Fine," she said dramatically before smiling up at him and kissing his lips. "Dylan and I can just have a girls day," she added as she stuck out her tongue at him playfully. He pretended to bite it causing her to howl with laughter.

"Maybe you two could invite Mom and Ronnie? I'm sure they'd love a testosterone free day," Josh offered as he walked over and kissed my cheek. I turned and caught his lips kissing him back causing him to blush and giggle to himself. He pulled away licking his lips and I shook my head laughing.

"That sounds so fun!" Opie beamed. "Ill go ask them while you get ready," she said as she patted my shoulder and smiled. She hopped up and disappeared, clearing the plates as she went.

Josh and I walked upstairs together. I started the shower and climbed inside after it warmed up. I could hear josh in his room making up a song about getting dressed.

Gotta put on my shoes
But not til after I put on my paaaants

He paused to laugh at himself, then I heard the door open. "Dylan? I'm sorry, but I've gotta brush my teeth...I won't look! I swear!" He said as he covered his eyes and walked in blindly. He kept them covered as he fumbled around struggling to find his toothbrush. I laughed loudly and rinsed the rose scented shampoo from my hair.