Chapter 6-Please

I scrambled to get dressed and run out after Josh. I made it outside just in time to see the Jeep speed away. I tried calling him, but it went straight to voicemail. I could feel tears pooling in the corners of my eyes.

"WHAT THE FUCK, JAKE?" I screamed into the phone when he picked up. He didn't even have a chance to respond. "You knew Josh and I were hanging out tonight.." I hissed.

"I didn't know he would read your texts.." he mumbled. I stood there seething in silence waiting for an apology. "Well, can we talk tonight since you're free?" He asked. I could almost hear the smile in his voice. What an ass.

"Yeah, sure, but I can't promise not to punch you.." I replied begrudgingly.

"Cool, I'll be there soon." He said as he hung up the phone. What the fuck.

I walked back inside trying to steady myself and calm down. I tried to call josh again with no luck. I sent him a text hoping he'd see it and call me back.

-Josh, I'm sorry. It's truly not what it looks like. Call me back, please?

I hit send as a small black car appeared. Jake climbed out in a pair of black jeans, black Chelsea's, and a black button up shirt with the top few buttons undone exposing his chest and eclectic necklaces. He looked good. I opened the door, and glared at him.

"Don't hit me!" He said with a flinch and a laugh.

I softened at the sound and welcomed him inside. Josh and I still had drinks and snacks scattered across the table, and the couch was messy unfolded blankets. I lead him over to the dining room table, and we both sat down. He sat across from me as I poured myself a drink. Not offering him one out of spite.

"Salty dog, huh? One of Josh's favorites," he sighed. I gave a weak nod realizing how josh would feel if he returned right now. "I just want to talk," Jake said as he reached and rested his hand on mine on top of the table. I felt the heat rush to my cheeks at his touch. He grinned as he watched me blush.

"So talk," I said calmly as I looked up at him trying really hard not to make fuck-me-eyes, but his dark, broody, brown eyes were not helping.

He grinned as he leaned in close. We were almost nose to nose when he said, "You should be with me.." and kissed me. My whole body lit up and instinctively I kissed him back. He scooted his body closer and settled with our knees interlocking. He slipped his tongue into my mouth delicately and used his lips to expertly massage mine as he placed one hand on my hip pulling me forward towards him and the other on my neck. I felt like I was drunk and melting into him as he held me and we kissed.

"Ophelia, I know you feel this too.." he whispered as he pulled away.

I looked at him flushed and rosy, and said, "Yes...I do, but I think I'm in love with Josh."

"Fuck! Are you serious? How can you kiss me like THAT if you're in love with him?" he spat as he stood up to walk away.

"I-I don't know, Jake, but it's true... I do have feelings for you, but they're different. I don't know how to explain it.." I trailed off as I could feel the tears forming. He was still standing there watching me when I looked back up.

He sat back down and put his hand on my bare thigh. I flinched, afraid and half hoping that he'd kiss me again. "I love you, Ophelia. I'm not going anywhere," he said as he squeezed my leg. My heart fluttered at his words, and sunk at the realization that he meant them.

"Thanks, Jake.." I mumbled as I fought back the tears still trying to form. I reached down and held his hand, and we sat in silence for a while.

Josh's POV
I walked to the Jeep fueled by anger, tossed my phone in the passenger floorboard. I felt a pit in my stomach as I drove away fighting the urge to turn around and kiss her. I probably shouldn't have left at all.. I was not mad at her, but I was mad at Jake. He clearly knew we were together, and was just trying to start something. I made it home determined to talk to him, only to find Jake was gone. I brushed away the thought. Maybe he was with Danny and Sammy? I walked back out to my car and started driving to their house just to be sure.