Pity Party

Not that it was an easy task. It wasn't. Everywhere you went he was there with her. He began to sit with her at mealtimes to avoid you. Which you were actually thankful for.

During class you ignored him completely. It wasn't easy since you sat next to each other in most subjects. But you were determined to show him that you were mending and you did this by ignoring him and focusing on your schoolwork.

Thank Merlin for Ron and Hermione. They took it in turns swapping Prefect duties with you so you didn't have to be with Draco. He did complain a few times and beg you to walk with him but you ignored him.

All in your entire plan worked well for a few weeks. That was until one day at the start of February.

"Hey guys. Party in the common room this evening." Neville declared sitting down for breakfast.

"Oh no! Really?" you moan.

"Come on Evee! It's to cheer you up mostly. It was Pansy's idea."

"Yeah come on please? Pansy has put a lot of effort into this evening." Daphne pleads.

"Ok. How can I say no to that face."

"Yes! I am so excited. I have to go help her prep."

It was a Saturday and you didn't have any plans for the day. You wondered out to the large oak tree by the Black lake and it down for a while, just staring out at the water.

"Can we sit with you?" you turn to see Blaise and Theo.

"My two favourite boys. Of course!" Both sit at either side of you and take your hand.

"We have something to tell you."

"Alright." You reply sounding sceptical.

"It's about Draco."

"What now?"

"You know he is only with Astoria so he and his mother do not get dis-inherited?"

"So I believe."

"He does love you Evee. He has been having nightmares. All about you. He wakes up shouting your name. Every night."

"That is awful but I fail to see how it's my problem now. Talk to his girlfriend."

"Fiancé you mean." Theo butts in.

"His...what?" Your heart stops. You didn't think you could listen to anymore.

"That's where they are today. They got engaged during the week and they are off to meet with their parents at Malfoy Manor to organise things. They plan to get married in the summer."

Blaise whacks Theo on the back of the head. "Why would you tell her that?"

"Eh because I didn't want her to hear it from someone else. That is why they are throwing a party for you. To distract you."

"You mean a pity party? Perfect!" You have to really pinch yourself to stop from crying. You had made a promise not to cry over him and you were bloody sticking to it.

"Evee are you ok?"

"Not even nearly Blaise but what can I do. I have to suck it up and move on. I wish him luck."

"He is going to need it," Theo chuckles as Blaise hit shim over the head again.

"Is there anything you need Evee?' Blaise asks.

"No boys. Go and enjoy your day. I am fine here. But thank you for caring."

"Always." They say I unison, both boys kissing your forehead before they leave.