Lucius Malfoy

Flashback

"So my son has returned and he cannot even come and see his father without having protection from the minister and one of his minions...it's pathetic isn't it Lucille?"

"Yes master," the girl mumbles.

Draco looks at them disgusted. The girl could not be that much older than he is. Twenty at the most.

"What pray tell do you want?" Lucius sneers.

"I wanted to come and explain to you why I called off the engagement to Astoria."

"Yes. I must say that I was quite put out about that. I spend many months finding the perfect bride for you and you decide that you can do better yourself? You caused me a great deal of embarrassment."

"I did not love Astoria. I was in love with an amazing girl- "

"Love? What has love got to do with it? Do you think I was foolish enough to love your mother? Don't be ridiculous. And I assume you mean that Daniels girl? She will never be a Malfoy. She is not good enough. Her family were traitors."

"Her family were amazing! They were well liked by everyone and treated everyone as equals."

"Fools!" Lucius snaps. "Traitors the lot of them and they deserved the sticky end they got. It was just a shame that their daughter's were not at home when it-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence!" Draco says jumping to his feet with his wand out.

A flash of shock crosses Lucius' face but he quickly covers it with humour.

"Do you see this Lucille? How he defies me so? This is his mother's fault. She was always weak and pathetic. A trait she obviously passed to Draco. I hope any other Malfoy children will not be such a disappointment to me."

"Mr Malfoy. We are here to discuss young Master Malfoy's trust fund and then to come to an agreement about moving forward." Kingsley says.

"I am sure you are Minister but I must disappoint you. Draco will only obtain his Trust Fund when I decide he will. I made sure to add that to our family policy before the war. Unless I die or lose my soul I am afraid he needs me to approve it."

"How can you-?"

"Listen to me boy and do not be so disrespectful! I gave you an ultimatum. Either you marry Astoria and I would give you your inheritance or you defy me and you get nothing. It appears pretty clear to me the path you chose."

"So you leave your son penniless?" Alexander asks.

"Just this one. He will learn to make his own way." Lucius smiles.

"That is fine father. I do not need your money. I do however need to gather things from my room. Things that are my property and therefore belong to me."

"Everything in this Manor is mine you will find."

"That is not strictly true. Anything that was gifted to Draco belongs to him and he is entitled to ask for it." Alexander explains.

"Fine – let him have whatever he wants. I am sure that it is nothing of importance anyway. He does not own anything valuable." He conjures up a small suitcase. "Anything that fits in here you can take."

Draco leaves to go and retrieve his items feeling thankful that Hermione taught him the Undetectable Extension Charm. Something his dad would not think of. He wasn't sure if Lucius even knew about it.