Reunion

The rain stayed away as the ladies all flew around the pitch. For what you were keeping up with, it seemed a good game but as the whistle blew at half time the score was 50-50.

"She is playing well isn't she?" You turned to Draco.

"Yeah she actually is. It's quite the match."

Hermione and Harry who had been whispering to each other the whole match suddenly both stood up. "We are going to take a walk," Hermione said nervously as they made their way to the exit.

"Please don't come back until you have shagged," Pansy said as if it was the most casual conversation to have. "I don't know about Evee but the heavy petting and whispering throughout the match was more exciting than the game."

"Pansy!" you scold.

"What? You are the one that walked in on them earlier," she shrugged and turned to talk to Luna.

"You what?" Draco burst out laughing.

"Oi! It's not funny!" you slap his arm.

"Aw come on! It is. I would have loved to see your face! Tell me what happened." You tell him the whole as he tried his hardest not to laugh.

"And that's when Pansy shouted to see if I was alive." You look up at his expecting him to be cracking up but to your surprise he actually looks a little mad. "What? It was an accident."

"Why did you make the others stay outside while you investigated it?" He said trying to keep his calm.

"Because it could have been dangerous."

"Exactly! Evee when will you take my father's threat seriously? You should have used your brain. Why didn't you just call Potter to see where he was?" Now he was more than angry.

"I..." you think about it. "I actually didn't think of that."

"Obviously!" He scoffs.

"Draco, be serious!"

"I am. What if something happened to you?"

"Nothing happened!"

"But it could have!"

"But it didn't. I cannot stay cooped up for the rest of my life because I was threatened one time. Harry was threatened every year at school and no one tried to keep him hidden.'"

"This is different," he clenched his teeth.

"How?"

"Because I am not in love with Harry! You had poor judgement earlier. End of."

You roll your eyes and stand up. "Considering no one is going to try to kill me here, I am going to take a walk in the stands."

He stands up. "I will come with-"

"On my own Draco!" You snap. "I think I can manage to not get into trouble for 5 minutes. I promise not to look at anyone, talk to anyone and stay in eyesight. Happy now?"

You storm off in bad temper. You know perfectly well that you overreacted but you are just so angry. As much as he wants you to be safe, you want your friends to be safe and you were making sure they stayed back to protect them. Ok you should have called Harry but someone could have been trying to kill him and a phone call wasn't going to save him.

You walk down the steps and along the edge of the field kicking the dirt under your feet as you did.

Most of the attendees were either out at the concession stand or toilets so there were not too many people around as you walked. You couldn't avoid him for the rest of the match and knew you were going to have to head back to the box as soon as the stadium filled up.