Keeper of Records

You smile as you step forward. "Good morning, I have an appointment. My name is -"

"Evelyn Tobi Daniels. Daughter to Paul and Scarlett Daniels. Sister to Evangeline Daniels. You live in Daniel's Manor in Wiltshire, England. Just graduated from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Currently working in The Ministry of Magic as a Philosopher of Magic, and you own your family clothing line and an Antique's store in Diagon Alley.
You own several properties around the world, and you are, what, nearly 13 weeks pregnant with twins. Am I close?"

"Yes sir," You gulp at how much he knows.

"No sir, just John and I have worked here for almost 125 years. I know everyone."

"You do?" Draco asks.

"Yes I do, Draco Lucius Malfoy, also lives in Wiltshire. You did until yesterday I believe reside in Malfoy Manor but have now moved to Daniel's Manor. You have just completed Auror Training within the Ministry, having also graduated with Miss Daniels here. You have just inherited your father's business as well."

"Uh...yes I have."

"As I said," he smiled at us. "I have to know all this for my work."

"No, he just likes to be a know-it-all," an elderly lady said coming out from the same place. "I am Annabelle."

You and Draco both smiled at her. 

"So you are here for the Thompson records. Yes, I spoke with Jonathan a few days ago, and he mentioned you might be stopping by. Right, let me get the records for you."

He waved his finger as if motioning for someone to come to him. The bookcases which were floating above your heads began to move out of the way and a large round white bookcase come forward and then lowered itself right in front of John.

"OK, Thompson...let's see, yes. " He pulled out an index card. "Oh, no...wrong century." He flicked his hand and the bookcase began to rotate. "Em...OK...right century...wrong decade....aha, this is the one."

Again he made a motion with his finger and about 10 scrolls flew off the shelf and over to the counter top between you.

"This is everything we have so far. Of course these will be updated soon when Mr Thompson and Ms Black get married."

"And these include the family tree?" you ask.

"Oh yes. It is all in there."

"Thank you," both Draco and you say together and then chuckle at each other. He leans in and kisses your forehead as you closed your eyes, smiling.

"Oh, you make such a cute couple. You are going to have the most beautiful children — and I don't need a scroll to tell me that," she glared at John out of the side of her eyes as she crossed her arms.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," John responded.

"OK," Draco said, looking a little lost. "Em, do we need to sign the records out or how does this work?"

"Yes you do. Evelyn, you will have to do it as it was you who requested."

"Sure no problem."

"OK, so you scan your wand here," John said, holding up a very large and old book. You did as instructed, scanning your wand over the page. As you did, your name and details appeared on the page.

"The scrolls will be available to you for as long as you require them. We do have a time limit of 6 months when the scrolls will magically appear back with us."

"Hopefully we won't need then for that long." Draco shrugs.

"Now there are certain records that can only be opened by those the records are about, but once they are, you can read them. And please be careful with records. These records have been charmed with waterproof, ripping proof and damage proofing spells, but you never know. They are precious documents and the greatest of care should be taken with them."