Research

You step out of the fireplace in Narcissa and Jonathan's living room swaying slightly, still holding on tightly to Draco, who hasn't let you go yet.

"Evee? You ok?" He asked sounding worried.

"I just need to sit for a second." You reassure him. He guides you one of the fancy sofas and helps you to sit down bufore sitting next you and wrapping an arm around you. It's comforting. As if he is your centre of gravity and your body is gravitating towards him, relaxing your muscles as it did.

"Evee can I get you anything dear?" Narcissa says as she kneels in front if you. She lifts the back of her hand to your forehead before looking at you slightly alarmed. "You feel a little warm my dear."

"Honest Narcissa I am fine. I am feeling better already. Just a dizzy spell." You open your eyes to look around at the three of them, guilty for worrying them.

"They can be common in pregnancy." Jonathan says standing behind his fiance.

"Oh joy!" You rolled your eyes. That was not what you wanted to hear.

You stood up and smiled at Narcissa to show you were fine. Both her and Draco were watching you with an eyebrow raised.

"See I am fine."

"I am just worried," Draco smiled.

You loved how attentive he was. Always looking out for you even when you weren't together. He always tried to be there for you. You knew he still felt guilty about last night. And he was probably going to apologise about 50 more times before he listened to you when you said it was OK.

Honestly it was upsetting at first. It toyed with your paranoia and the feeling you always got about Draco. That maybe you weren't good enough for him. Admittedly, Astoria was beautiful and poised and elegant and graceful and everything anyone would want in a wife. Sure a little spoilt but it was nothing compared to how kind she could be. Next to you she was everything. Sometimes it scared you to think of what would have happened if Draco had of went through with his wedding. Would he of been happy?

Selfishly a part of you hoped not.

You were sure that Draco was the one for you. Your soul mate. Your partner. You had been through so much and overcome it all. Now here you were about to start the next big chapter of your life with him.

Becoming parents.

Draco gave you a beaming beamimg smile and took your hand, kissing it. You both followed after Jonathan who had entered the kitchen and sat at the breakfast table. Opening your bag you take out the scrolls and set them in front of you and sit next to him.

"Are these them?" he asks, excitement evident in his voice. You nod as his eyes light up. This must be an amazing time for him. Finally getting answers to where his daughter has been all this time.

You had only just found out about your own babies but you couldn't imagine having to give them up for anything.

What Jonathan did must have been heartbreaking. It must have taken so much strength. And then believing he had found a family in Narcissa and Draco when they moved in with him, only to have that too taken from him.

And yet you never remembered a time when he wasn't smiling around you. He obviously hid his pain so you wouldn't see it.

What a brave man.

"Let's get started then shall we?" Draco smiled sitting next to you.

And so you sat all day reading scrolls and taking notes where it was needed.

The scrolls themselves were bloody long and tedious for the most part. In every 6ft of parchment there may have been 2 paragraphs that held any vital bits of information.