Spinnner's End

You knew that Professor McGonagall had already done more than enough rule bending to even ask her to let you apparate to Spinner's End. So this you were doing my yourself.

You had it all arranged. You were heading to Hogsmeade early on Saturday morning. You had told the Headmistress that you and your friends were going to help George set up his new shop, which was due to open next week.

From there you would use his Floo Network to head to Snape's house and retrieve what you needed.

So Saturday saw you all eat early so you could leave. "Are you sure you don't want one of us to go with you?" Hermione asked.

"No George really does need all the help he can get. I will be fine. He needs you more. Plus Ginny needs to be introduced to Phoenix."

"That can wait," Ginny blushes.

"It cannot," you smile.

After everyone has eaten you head off. Theo, Daphne, Blaise, Luna, Ron, Pansy, Hermione, Harry and you. The oddest group to ever walk the floors of Hogwarts. You hadn't seen Draco since that evening. You were trying to avoid seeing him, or answering his calls or reading his texts.

With April comes, April showers so you walk quickly in between down pours to avoid getting soaked. You get to Hogsmeade in half the time and arrive just as George is opening up.

"Morning you lot," he smiles. "I really appreciate the help. This is great!"

"Our pleasure," Luna smiles as you all step inside.

"So where do we start?" Theo asks.

"Well the gold colour has to go. The company colours are rust and purple so if someone could change that? Then I need all the items in the store brought up and unpacked. I need the tills installed. I need general cleaning done as well as pricing all the items in the store."

"Ok," Blaise smiles. "Luna and I will set up the registers. Harry and Theo you two can bring out the boxes. Hermione will you do pricing and Ron, Daphne and Pansy can do cleaning?"

"And I will do the store layout and colour changing."

"While I use your office fireplace."

"Ok, everyone ready? Let's get to work." George smiles as everyone starts to move.

"If you need me, just call ok?" Hermione whispers.

You smile and head into the office, closing the door behind you. It's a cosy little room with a large desk and an armchair. The fireplace took up most of the back wall but it looked like it hadn't been used in a while. However there was a fresh post of powder so you were good to go.

You step into the fireplace, feeling a little nervous. You lean out and lift a handful of powder. Holding your arm up you shout "1 Spinner's End!" before throwing the powder to the heath.

You close your eyes as the green flames seem to engulf you and when you open them again you are standing in a very dark living room. This room you knew very well having visited it when you were growing up many times.

It was as if the home had been frozen in time. The clock on the mantle had topped moving as was silent. The armchair by the fireplace where you used to sit of Severus' knee seemed so bare. The usual teacup and saucer sitting on the little table by the lamp.

It may have been dark but the room was a welcome sight. You flick your wand, drawing the curtains before muttering "nox" and your light ignites from the end of your wand.

You look around at the bookcase sitting in the corner of the room. Bingo! You knew the you were looking for a book but there were so many here that were so old the titles had worn off. Hence the number system Severus had set up.