Chapter 3

Jennie

"Guess who isn't flipping burgers anytime soon?"

I turned to the side, coming to face with my best and only friend.

Mino Song was notorious for a lot of things.

But being a heartbreaker may have just been on top of that list, hadn't it been for the even more ludicrous things he had pulled in the past.

Had our lives been some sort of a fiction meant for someone's entertainment, it could be said that Mino used to be the stereo typical jock back in high school, with the word promiscuous practically tattooed onto his forehead.

I cocked my head to the side, eyebrows raised,"You did the report?"

Oh, and not to mention, he was the last person anyone as much even expected to bother doing a full blown report.

"You bet your ass I did."

"Oh yeah?" I challenged, a grin beginning to tug at my lips, "What was the main method Dahmer used to kill his victims?"

Mino let out a huff, the purely awkward kind."He skinned the women and made coats out of them. Duh, everyone knows that."

I rolled my eyes. Of course.

"Okay, Mino. A - Jeffrey's victims were all male. And B - He killed them by strangling them or injecting acid into their skulls and then dismembered..."

"No. I'm sure the dude skinned hot girls and placed some butterfly shit in their mouths or something."

I gave Mino a knowing look. "Are you sure you're not talking about a fictional serial killer from a Jodie Foster movie?"

"They're not the same?"

I sighed, shaking my head full of curls at the insensate boy, and turned away to continue taking notes.

"Alright, fine. I copied it off of Seolhyun. She lets me do anything." He smirked, his blue eyes glinting, "And by anything, I mean anything."

I scrunched up my nose in disgust. Sometimes I truly did wonder how a quiet, reserved introvert like me landed up being best friends with the loudest, most crass guy in school.

By proxy, I also wondered why other girls simply couldn't seem to resist him. Perhaps it was how he was so effortlessly funny, the crudeness blurred into charm. Then there was the fact that the bleach blonde boy was unquestionably quite attractive.

"Mr. Song, one more word out of your mouth and you may remove yourself from this hall."

"Sorry Miss L."

Although it wasn't very difficult to see her jaw ticking at being addressed as 'Miss L', Professor Lee didn't acknowledge Mino in the slightest, instead stepping down from the podium, and walking over to her desk briskly.

"Okay, listen up everyone. Or at least, those who care enough to graduate conveniently." Professor Lee stressed, all of a sudden.

"Your next project is what makes it or breaks it for you."