Chapter 110

Jennie

My chain of thoughts was snapped as the distinct sound of the door swinging open reached my ears.

"Hash browns and peppermint mocha latte." Hanbin waggled up the brown paper bag in his hands, offering a charming smile to go with it as he sauntered towards me. He bent down to press a dainty kiss on my lips as he handed me the food, not noticing how my back stiffened a tiny bit.

It had been almost three weeks that I had been officially dating Hanbin, but every time it came to physical display of affection, a major part of me remained unused to it, just as awkward and unsure as I had always been all my life. I did my utmost best to not let it show though, I didn't want Hanbin to feel that I was unfairly holding back, but most importantly, I didn't want him to see just how broken I was.

I watched him as he plopped down at the end of my bed, proceeding to take his jacket and beanie off, one by one. I could see the little flecks of white snow stuck onto his dark eyelashes; parts of his cheeks and nose flushed with rosiness. The winter blush really did look divine on his mocha brown skin.

Three weeks ago, when I had knocked his door with the most reckless decision I'd ever made in my mind, I had never in a thousand years expected for things to turn out the way they did. We came close to having sex but with my hesitation, Hanbin said we should just date for now and take things slow until I was more comfortable with him and the idea of being intimate with him.

With all the things Mino had told me about Hanbin being an inconsiderate bad guy, I was quite sure that after me stringing him along that night, he would have kicked me out of his dorm. But what he suggested to me came totally unexpected even in my wildest dreams. He asked me to spend the night over, we just cuddled and in the morning, he admitted that he was seriously into me, and that he really wanted to continue to see me.

Even though I was new to the concept of having a boyfriend, given the bouts of self-consciousness and unease I'd feel during Hanbin's gestures of romance or suggesting that we have sex, I had found myself being the happiest I'd ever been in a long time. With my constant paranoia about Lisa and the prodigal memories from my dark childhood that had plagued my life for the past few months, I had to admit, the warm feeling I'd get when I was with Hanbin was a nice change.

In the span of these three weeks, a relationship was not the only drastic change to have transpired in my life. Finals week was over, which spelled the end of the fall semester of my sophomore year. On the duller end of things however, my friendship with Mino quite clearly was on the rocks. As if there wasn't enough unconfessed tension brewing between them before, my announcement of me dating Hanbin had put a bigger strain on our friendship. Mino and I had hardly spoken to each other in the last three weeks.

Lisa hadn't killed a single person all this while. Whether she was laying low, or if she'd given up on her murder spree, no one knew. Perhaps it was the fact that the citizens of the town were on high alert about the serial killer, maybe it was getting hard for the Seoul Ripper to trick a victim. Maybe the Seoul Ripper escaped to another part of the country. Bullshit.

Somewhere deep down, I had this foreboding feeling gnawing at my insides, screaming that it wasn't it. Especially with me. Lisa used me to escape, and that could've been the end of it. But no, she sent me a dead cat out of nowhere, alluding to the fact that she intended to toy with my mind still.

And ergo, I needed to be one step ahead of Lisa,I had to be one step ahead of her before I got whatever it was that she had in store for me.

Taking an invigorating sip of the latte, I got back to my research. This time around, I decided to look up 'Silver Door' by its own, as it was the only discernible two words of the bunch.

With no conclusive results turning up, I decided to try my luck with 'agpym'.

Nothing.