Chapter 136

Jennie

The Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency had been astronomically incompetent all this while, but the Korea Central Intelligence Agency were not a joke.

"You coming?" I heard Mino's voice ring from a distance, finally pulling myself away from the slew of presumptions, finding him standing near the exit. I nodded quickly and stood up, making my way over to where he was.

As we began walking, I felt a slight weight dropdown on my shoulder. My senses worked into overdrive as I jerked away from Mino flinchingly. In one second I was brought back into that cabin. Lisa was spreading my hand out on that stool, the blade of her knife glistening in her other hand. Then I was shoved into the unforgiving snow, finding the car, being dragged out of the window as the glass agonizingly cut into my back.

When I blinked, I found myself back in the hallway, and Mino with his arm half-held out in the air and a quizzical look on his face.

It hit me that Mino was merely draping his arm around my shoulder. I shook my head, breathing out wearily. Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder was an absolute bitch.

"Sorry, I... I don't know..." I trailed off, not finding a coherent way of explaining myself.

"Did I hurt you? Did I brush up against a scar or something?" The expression etched on Mino's face was that of worry. I couldn't help but feel embarrassed and guilty.

But how was I to explain to people that some scars are not physical. Some of them live on with you, deep ingrained within your conscience, even as the ones on your body heal and begin fading away.

I shook my head no quickly, biting my lip. As we resumed walking, Mino shifted to put a little distance between the two of us. I noticed, but said nothing.

"Uh, so you want to head over to UncleMark's Diner? A couple of us are going to get some dinner." Mino scratched the back of his head.

"Actually," I began, "I think I'm gonna go check something out." I halted as we approached the end of the hallway.

"Mino, can I borrow your car?"