Chapter 58

Jennie

"Close your mouth Jen."

I snapped my head to the side, gazing at Mino with stunned eyes. "This place is huge!" I pointed to the array of cars that were parked outside, "How many people exactly are going to be here?"

He shrugged, "Looks like a full house."

By the looks of it, it surely was. I only glanced at the bunch of people hanging in the courtyard as Mino and I walked to the front door, the blaring music becoming louder with each step. The bass of a mainstream rap song reverberated around the room, making the windows vibrate loudly.

"Look," Mino peered at me, "Stay near me, don't wander into empty rooms, and be sure as hell don't accept drinks from anybody. Understand?"

I nodded sharply.

"Other than that, loosen up, you'll have fun." He nudged me playfully.

I doubted it, but I didn't say anything. As we entered the house, my eyes nearly bulged out at the sight of the jam packed space in front of me. The red solo cups stood out in the crowd, either in someone's hands or lining the wooden floor like a rug almost. And of course, the heaps of sweaty bodies, tightly pressed against each other, dancing.

Just as I started weighing the possibility of me turning back around and going back to my dorm, Mino took me by the arm, pushing forward through the crowd of crammed bodies. Before I even had the chance to protest, I found myself standing in front of a group of unfamiliar people. I could only watch as they high fived and shook hands with Mino, with me awkwardly standing by.

"Everybody, this is Jennie."

They all mumbled a greeting as I offered a small smile. I could already tell they were all varsity jocks. As Mino broke into a conversation with them, I glimpsed around, trying to take in the provocative vibe of every person I saw. Every single person letting go on the dance floor, every single person hammered out of their brains. One thing was very clear to me. I was way out of my league here.

I wasn't paying attention to what the group was talking about in the first place, but as soon as I heard something about 'scoring pussy', I knew I wasn't staying with them for another second. I turned on my heels, praying to find at least one person I knew, sober, in the house. But then, the only friend I had at all was Mino.

Everywhere I went, it was a melange of sticky bodies pressed together, couples going at it like there was no tomorrow.

Hanbin, I suddenly remembered. Now, we weren't exactly friends, but at least he was nice to me. Then there's the fact that he witnessed me having a literal panic attack all in our second meeting.

I gave the place a quick once over, hoping to catch a glimpse of him. He seemed like a guy who would come to these parties, and I most definitely had my fingers crossed.

Out of nowhere, someone handed me a can of beer before I even had the chance to acknowledge it.

It was only the beginning of the night, and I already regretted coming.