Chapter 125

Jennie

That caught me by surprise, blinking up to see Lisa's lips set in a firm line as she looked at my flushed cheeks and parted mouth. "No you're not. You can't be." I said plainly.

She licked her lip inadvertently, as she drew herself closer over the table "No I'm not. You're right. I can't feel sorry for anyone or anything." she rubbed her jaw, as her eyes flickered below, "But if I could, you know, feel things; I'd be sorry. Sorry for a lot of things I've done to you."

In one swift movement, Lisa's lips touched with mine. Unlike the first time I'd been kissed by the murderer, this kiss wasn't voracious and fervent. It was barely a soft brush, a kiss I didn't return. It wasn't fuelled by lust or motive, but instead, it existed as a twisted version of chaste.

Lisa could feel the wetness on my cheeks. She could feel the despair that caved in every inch of my bones. Her lips weren't there to offer me passion or invade my space, but to taste my misery instead. This kiss was melancholy at its finest.

As she pulled away, I remained still, suddenly aware of what was happening. I breathed in, "Are you going to kill me now?"

Lisa only nodded. She then backed away, standing up from her seat. She approached me, all while I remained unmoving, numb. The switchblade came into my view once again, but this time I didn't close my eyes. I was supposed to die that night ten years ago, but I didn't, and now my time had come. I welcomed death.

My eyebrows furrowed together in sheer perplexity as Lisa brought my bound wrists up to eye level, and cut through the tape. As my arms fell down by my side, Lisa took one of my hands in hers and got me out of the chair, leading me towards the door on my left.

As Lisa opened the door, I gasped. My eyes were met with a thick white cover that cloaked the entirety of what I assumed was the ground underneath. The overcast sky was an inky shade of night, not one single star to be seen. The moon was vanquished in the darkness before the wake of dawn.

But all that snow.. there had to have been a blizzard while I was kept tied in that other room. It suddenly clicked, that the thudding sound she kept hearing, was the snowstorm outside.

Beyond a few hundred metres of snow-blanketed land, was a cluster of coniferous trees that extended beyond sight. A forest. A gust of frosty air hit my skin like sharp needles, as I couldn't help but wrap my arms around myself to muster warmth, my teeth chattering.

So that's why she took away the warm layers of clothing. I turned to Lisa, scared witless, shaking like a leaf.

"You're going to run. This is a head start." Lisa elucidated.

No. My eyes widened in bone-chilling fear.

Lisa was going to hunt me like an animal.