Chapter 149

Jennie

The shriek that was winded out of my chest, failed to match the shrillness of the one that came out of Mino's mouth in return. "The hell Mino!?"I fumed at the bright eyed blonde, eyes still wide as I reeled from the mini heart attack he'd almost given me, "What are you doing here?"

Mino placed a hand on his chest, catching his own breath. "Shit, what the fuck Jen, you scared the shit out of me!"He heaved, cheeks flushed, "What is this place? And is that a fucking knife?" He pointed towards my hand, eyebrows raised inquisitively.

An anxious huff left my throat, "How did you get here? And... and you're supposed to be at Nami Island."

"Well I was on my way with Seolhyun, but I thought I'd check in on you and you weren't picking up the phone. So I tracked my baby's GPS." He threw a quick glance at the car that sat parked on the road behind him.

I shook my head distressingly, "No, no, no; you need to go right now Mino, this isn't a joke. It's dangerous."

He squinted his eyes, scratching the back of his golden head, "I have so many questions. But first, what do you mean dangerous? What are you doing in this dump anyway?"

I looked around for a quick second, turning back to Mino only after I was sure the coast was unmistakably clear. "Listen tome." I took his wrists in my hands, peering into his baby blue eyes,"I am not sure, but this could be Lisa Manoban's childhood home. You need to get out of here."

The look on Mino's soft face turned from confused to that of shock, as a tinge of bewilderment settled in his irises. He opened his mouth, quickly clamping it down before a word could get out. With knitted brows, he looked at me in disbelief, "This could be what?"

I looked at him knowingly, "I know, I know that sounds stupid, but I have to check. You shouldn't be here."

"Stupid..." Mino only stared at me, wordless, stupefied. "This isn't stupid, it's fucking suicidal Jen. Have you gone insane? Are you having a mental breakdown or something?"

I positively had no answer, so I only remained tight lipped as my best friend looked at me like I was crazy.

"I'm calling the police." He stated, reaching for his pocket when I clasped on to his hand, firmly stopping him."You're not doing anything." I enunciated every word slowly, as if I were speaking to a child, "Go home, please Mino. I have to do this." I asserted, solemn, turning around towards the door, before I felt myself being spun around by the arm.

"Woah, woah, woah, I'm not letting you go in there Jen, for all you know it could be that psycho's lair."

"Jesus Mino, did you learn nothing in college?" I rolled my eyes, "It is highly unlikely that a killer would lounge around in the house she grew up in."

"Well then, I'm not letting you go in alone." He licked his lips, eyes full of firm resolve.

I parted my lips to protest, but deep within I knew there was no way I could shake the stubborn boy off. Sighing, I relented, "Do you have anything you could use to protect yourself?"

"Looks like you got us covered there Jen."He chuckled nervously as he glimpsed at the blade in my grip.