Chapter 160

Jennie

"Here kitty, kitty." Liam sang maddeningly, lips pulled up in an unhinged smirk, draining all the blood from my ashen face. I barely managed to duck as he reached for me, pumped full of adrenaline as I bolted in the other direction, leaving him to catch a handful of air.

"Run little cat, run!" He prompted from behind me, laughing maniacally. I sprinted straight into the first room, bolting the door from the inside before realizing I'd forgotten to breathe. I needed my pills.

The room was quick to begin spinning around me; whether it was from inhaling all those fumes, or an ill-timed panic attack, Idid not know. My lungs were giving away, my legs too. I fell to the floor, not holding back my tears anymore. A thump from the door jerked my attention towards it for a moment. My tears fell harder as I realized this was my end. Shivers ran uncontrollably down my back.My eyes were hazing up once again, I was losing myself.

I only heard the hinges of the door being busted as it swung open, I had no time to see Liam lunging at me with his bare hands.He yanked me up by my hair, throwing me onto the nearest wall. My back was slammed against all the empty photo frames on the wall, knocking the wind out of my lungs as I fell, taking all the frames down with me. The sickly crashing of glass on the wooden floor made its way to my ears before I actually felt the shards dig into my back.

Before I could get up, Liam was on me, putting all of his weight on my small frame. Punches rained down on my jaw, my cheekbones, merciless and unrelenting; each one more agonizing than the previous, painting my face black and blue.

When I thought he was done, one of his hands went to my neck, squeezing the slender area with abominable force, while the other reached down his waistband and produced a large throwing knife in his hands.

Alarmed as he drove it towards my chest, I caught his wrist, resisting the motion. There was only a few centimetres of distance between my ribcage and the tip of the blade, my grip the only thing keeping the inevitable from happening.

I grinded my teeth as I put all of my strength into the action, but unfortunately, I was being brutally choked at the very same time. My irises slipping onto a jagged piece of glass that lay by my side, well within my reach, but the only problem was my hand was already preoccupied, trying to keep myself from being stabbed.

White spots invaded my vision, head growing lighter as the seconds passed, I was losing. Let go, my subconscious whispered to me. Let all this pain, all this fear wash away. For the briefest of moments, I shut my eyes. There I was, with my blonde hair and sweet eyes. My sister. Laying on the floor with blood gushing out of her ears.

What would have happened that night if I gave up? Would I have survived? What exactly did I survive for, to give up and die so easily?

No.