Chapter 159

Lisa

"Are you fucking kidding me right now?" Mino or rather the diabolical Liam walked up to me, seething; standing five inches shorter, yet about ten times as menacing in aura. "You sure want to do this Lalisa? You sure you want to disappoint me? I am your only family left. You sure you want to help someone who isn't related to you, Lalisa?"

Not caring to elaborate on it any further, I went in to touch the door knob, I almost didn't see the curled knuckles that came aimed at my jaw. I blocked the punch with ease, my stature towering over Liam's. With resolute eyes, I grabbed a fistful of my brother's dyed blonde hair and smashed his forehead against the wall. Liam's lean body fell at my feet at once, limp.

I stared at my little brother's unmoving body for a second, thankful Liam was knocked out this quickly so I wouldn't have to do something else.

Turning my attention back to the door, I opened it with inexplicable urgency. I was met with the sight of blue and yellow, something that brought me back to all those years ago, when it all burnt down.

I saw her, eyes closed as her head drooped to the side, soot covering her pale skin in splotches. Heat seared my skin as I walked into the inferno, careful to beeline past the roaring flames. An object, caught on fire, fell not a feet away from me, reminding me of how quickly I needed to move.

But it was no easy task, the smoke was getting to me; but all I saw was Jennie.

Narrowly avoiding getting burnt, I approached Jennie, squatting down as I cut the zip tie around her wrists with my knife. As my fingers brushed against hers in the movement, Jennie's head twitched, stirring to the side, lips parting. As the zip tie fell onto the ground in pieces, I twined my arm around her shoulder, propping her up on her slack legs.

Supporting her by the back, I hauled her body on, barely avoiding the blazing walls and floor by a whisker. As I'd almost made it to the door, a flaming plank of wood fell from the ceiling on my right forearm. I hissed in pain as the small contact scorched my skin; but it didn't matter, we had made it out of the room.

As I guided Jennie's still form down the stairs, her limbs jerked, her eyes fluttered open, widening as she returned to her senses. She wheezed, maddeningly taking in all the oxygen, coughing till her ribs felt like they'd crack.

"We have to get out, come on, the place will burn down soon enough."

Jennie was dazed and perplexed to say the least, but chose not to question it for only shy of a few minutes ago she was choking on dark smoke; right now she was alive. Lisa saved her.

Still held up by me, we began making small steps down, what she realized, were stairs, entering the main hallway of the house.As we walked past the kitchen, her eyes couldn't miss the corpse that lay on the floor desolately. Looking away, she swallowed back a sob. It was as when we neared the front door that a single tear of happiness almost escaped her eye, almost thanking god for making it out alive from the nightmare.

There was a flash of yellow in her periphery, too quick for her to understand what just happened.

My body was jolted, suddenly going eerily still.

My brows scrunched up, lips parting in a shaky breath. Jennie's brows mimicked the action in confusion, it all happening too fast. As I fell down on my face, Jennie let out a loud shriek at the sight of a knife sticking out of my back, hot crimson liquid soaking through my white t-shirt.

Liam stood there fiendishly, eyes diabolical.