Chapter 42

Jennie

For what was the seventh time in the same hour, I begged my brain to stop parading a beast in my head and pay attention to studying for the exam that was to take place a mere few weeks later.

'Severing of the femoral artery can lead to the person bleeding out to death in the matter of a few...'

"What's up Jen?" Came a loud, familiar voice, followed by a more-than-subtle nudge to my back. I turned to the side groaning, "The hell Mino!?"

"You two, keep it down!" The librarian, who had then conveniently woken up from her precious slumber, hissed in a groggy voice.

Mino threw his hands up in surrender, sliding down the seat next to me, while I eyed the librarian in disbelief. "What are you doing? Studying?" He crinkled up his nose.

I shot him a knowing look, "Yes Mino, not everyone comes to the library for the sole purpose of picking up girls."

"What do you know about that, little miss waiting-for-the-right-guy?" He huffed as I rolled my eyes at his immature tone. "Besides, nerds are beasts in bed. That math chick Somi, let me tell you she gave the best head..."

"Stop that sentence before I projectile vomit all over you." I visibly cringed, making Mino chuckle.

His gaze landed on my book, "By the way, how's the assignment coming along?" He asked in a very casual tone, all while trying to get a good look at the blonde girl at the next table.

Oh right. The assignment. "Um, Good. Yeah, great. It's..uh..coming together pretty well. Great actually." I faced palmed myself mentally.

Thankfully, Mino only nodded, his full attention still towards the other table full of girls, "Good, good. So I mean, if you're done with yours, would you..."

"No, absolutely not." I interjected briskly, crossing my arms. Of course. I should have known where this conversation was going. Why Mino had come to the library. "Mino, I made it clear last time, I'm not doing any of your projects. Ever."

"Aw, come on Jen, you know I can't do it." Mino's decibel increased, earning him another warning glare from the librarian.

I only sighed, "Of course you can, you just need to try. You don't even show up to the institution half the time."

"Yeah, the last time I went there, I almost died of throwing up."

"The stomach infection has nothing to do with this. Come on, be serious." I tilted my head to the side, "Why are you even majoring in a subject you have no interest in?" I paused. A sharp feeling of hypocrisy flickered in the bottom of my stomach for a second.

Fortunately enough, Mino had been too distracted with the sight of Seolhyun bending over to grab a book, to pick up on the shifting of colours on my face.

"Chicks dig a man who understands."

I cleared my throat, "It's criminal psychology, Mino..."

The grin on his face enlarged. "I like bad girls."

I could only stare at my outlandish friend's face, who seemed more like a cartoon character than he did a college boy.

"What's this?" He cleared his throat in an overdramatic manner, "Lisa Manoban."

Just like that my attention was jolted, my eyes moving from his face to his hands in a jiffy, a leaf of paper clutched in them.

"In popular culture, she's known as the Seoul Ripper, since all her known killings took place in the city of Seoul, but it's unknown if Lisa Manoban was born there. She's been convicted for 7 known homicides and..."

Mino didn't have the time to feel the paper being snatched away from his hands.