Chapter 157

Jennie

"I want you to know you're at least 80% responsible for whatever happens to you, and those around you. I must say, I was so expecting you to be the bigger person and go to the police and tell them everything you knew. But uh... oh, little Jennie's not the saint she thinks she is. Tsk tsk tsk." Mino clicked his tongue sardonically, blue eyes dancing in sadistic amusement.

"In fact, after I kill you, you know that poor old blind lady you met today? I'll have to pay her a visit and gut her like a fish as well."

I thrashed against my restraints, screaming in rage. The sight was clearly one full of hilarity and delight to Mino, who smirked in cold-blood.

"You know what Jen, I'm not a bad guy." He said almost in earnest, capturing my attention. "And since we've been best friends for so long, I'm gonna do you some grace and answer anything you want to know. Anything at all."

I was still breathing irregularly, vision clouded with fear and anxiety. For a moment, my eyes fell on the form behind Mino. Lisa simply stood at the door, head hanging low, not even glimpsing at the scene unfolding before her in the slightest.

I gazed back into Mino's face, "Hanbin. Was he a part of this?"

"Oh, give me fucking break." Mino rolled his eyes, "Of all the questions you could ask, you choose to waste it on that shit head? Why, because he showed some interest in your pathetic self? Come on, Jennie! My dearest sibling here, Lalisa probably has an interest in you too. She couldn't fucking kill your sorry ass, you stupid bitch!"

In my peripheral vision, I caught the faintest of movements; realizing Lisa had looked up, perceptive eyes set on us now.

"To answer your question, no, of course not, you think the whole town was in on this or something?" Mino scoffed derisively. "That poor loser, Hanbin just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time." The scowl on Mino's face then began morphing into something else, something that I could only presume was vestiges of malice; as he drew himself closer to my face.

"It's only three people we owe everything to, Yoo Hae-jin, Professor El Lee and," His venomous fingers locked around my chin, forcing me to look up into his maddened eyes, "You, Jennie Ruby Jane Kim."

I recoiled at his touch. His fingers that were still bloody from slashing Nancy's throat, inevitably transferred some of that blood to my jaw, revolting me from the inside out.

He laughed, releasing my face as he stood up."Get the can Lalisa."

Terror had a grip on my brain, but somehow I apprehended that Mino was asking Lisa to do something, so I averted my gaze to her.Lisa did not move, standing there like a cold marble statue. Mino turned his head towards his direction, "I said, get the can Lalisa. Are you now deaf!"

Even from the distance, I couldn't miss the smallest of ripples in Lisa's jaw. She did not look at Mino in the least, only connecting her unfeeling irises to my petrified ones.

Practically fuming, Mino marched up to Lisa, finally forcing her to look at him. His hot gaze battled Lisa's cold ones, fire warning ice.

As Lisa refused to budge, Mino spat venomously,"I'll deal with you later. But first, I guess if you need something to be done, better do it yourself." He disappeared out of the door, not before firmly brushing his shoulder against Lisa's on the way out.

With Mino gone, as only I and Lisa remained in the room, I lost the last bit of self-respect I had in the face of survival.

"Please, Lisa." I begged, my round eyes welling up, "Help me, please."