Chapter 119

Jennie

I didn't know what to make of it, so I just shook my head weakly,"You don't have to do this." I bit down on my lips to stop myself from tearing up. "Please." I added as an afterthought.As if etiquette meant something to a demented serial killer.

Lisa straightened up, all of a sudden, walking all the way over to where she came from, behind me. I heard the door slam twice, indicating that she went out and then came back in. Next thing I knew, she was standing in front of me with a plastic white can. A gasoline can.

"Oh God." I whimpered, my eyes going wide with grisly horror. My case profile was, as if, flashing in red all over my mind like a cautionary siren.

"The alter, Liam, was fixated on mutilating the victims before burning them alive. The choice of fire accelerant, on 3 out of 4 occasions had been gasoline."

For a split second, Lisa's features contorted with perplexity as she saw my petrified face, before following my gaze to the can. As it registered, a small grin overcame her lips.

"It's water."

The thought of water running down my dehydrated mouth was, quite literally, like finding water in a dry desert. Heaven. But you see, the problem was I had been fooled one too many times by the pretty psychopath to believe one word that came out of her mouth.For all I knew, tricking me into drinking fuel was her idea of fun. I shook my head 'no' in answer, ignoring the pangs of ache in my throat.

The smirk never dissipated from Lisa's lips as she brought the can to her own lips and took a drink from it, letting some of the diamond water run down her chin callously.

I had to vigorously keep swallowing my own saliva to stop the temptation to ask for it, from taking over myself. I had to escape. I had to. I mapped the room in my head, from what I presumed, the door was behind me. I had no idea where I was, but it didn't matter. I'd had to find a way to get out that door.

'But how am I supposed to overpower a 1.67m tall and deranged Lisa Manoban?' I mused to myself, when the fireplace smouldered.That's it. I could attack her with a hot log or coals or something, the fear of searing my hands not seeming a big deal at the moment. All I had to do now was get out of the bindings somehow.

"Thinking hard, are we?" Lisa's voice taunted, her head tilted to the side in apparent amusement.

"I..." I began, biting my lip, looking for anything not mildly suspicious. ".. Need to pee. Please."

Lisa crossed her arms, her eyes fixed onto my stance, assessing me for a moment, before uncrossing them and moving towards me.She reached into her back pocket, and within a second, she was brandishing a shiny metallic knife in her hands. She walked behind me and with one swish, cut the sticky tape confining my arms. A groan left my mouth as I let my hands fall to my sides, before bringing the reddened and raw pair of wrists to the front, rubbing at them softly.

As Lisa appeared in front of me yet again, squatting down to reach the legs of the chair to cut the tape, something in my brain went off at the sight of the knife.

That is your ticket out of here.