Chapter 97

"We are now on scene with the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency's Arson Squad where the body of the victim was discovered four days ago."

The woman whose hair was blown dry to perfection, her face spotless as the camera panned in on her, then cutting to the crime scene marked with yellow caution tape.

"The body was burnt beyond recognition, but in a twisted set of fate, her wallet with an identity card has been recovered from near the body. The woman has been identified as Shannon Williams, a 22 year old English exchange student, whose parents have been reportedly alerted of the tragedy through the Embassy."

The crowd that had gathered on the other side of the road, beyond which they weren't allowed to go over, had all looks of pure horror and concern as they chatted among themselves.

Except one person.

The person stood there indistinguishably with arms crossed in front of the chest, a look of calmness spread on one's face, quite in contrast to those of chaos all around.

"The body was found by 23 year old Cha Eunwoo, a self-proclaimed 'social media influencer', looking for an isolated place to shoot a video, who then posted about the incident on all his social media platforms immediately. Cha claims he had been 'severely threatened' by the local police to take down his posts, but it was too late by then. It had already garnered considerable attention."

The person continued to remain quiet, watching as all those silly people tried their best to unravel the masterpiece.

"The squad confirms the traces of the fire accelerant found on the body to be that of gasoline. With the set of identity information found nearby, the case bears a strong, undeniable resemblance to the set of murders that rocked the entirety of Seoul, five years ago."

A covert grin formed on the person's lips.

"The Seoul Ripper murders."

The crowd around the person broke into hushed chatter at the mere mention of that name.

It was laughable really.

They feared the Devil, yet they didn't even know what 'The Seoul Ripper' looked like.

The spawn of Satan could be standing amongst them, and they would never know. Oh, that's right. They don't. Out of nowhere, the person's mind went to the girl who was caught in the middle of it all, a girl who knew everything all too well.

Ruby Jane.

Well... looks like we'll have to deal with her soon. The person smiled.