Chapter 16

Jennie

"No." I gritted quietly, dropping my gaze to my fidgety hands. My subconscious laughed. Liar. Liar. Liar.

I cleared my throat, my eyes fixated down on my binder, "Do you feel better now?"

"I'm fine, Jen. What are you trying to hide?" He sliced through my attempts at deviating from the topic.

The next thing I knew, my chin was being forced up, my eyes meeting Mino's finally.

"Jeez Jennie, you look like you haven't slept in three days."

Touché.

I turned my head away quickly, "It's nothing, I just..uh..have a lot going on, it's kind of stressing me out a bit."

"Yeah, right" He raised an eyebrow suspiciously. A smirk then pulled at his lips, "Looks like pure little Jennie is finally getting some action all night."

I picked up my last fry and threw it at him. He dodged it, sticking out his tongue.

"Yo Mino, stop acting like a kid." Both Mino and I turned our heads towards the direction of the deep voice.

I could only furrow my eyebrows in confusion as I watched Mino's mouth go from a firm line to a full blown grin as he stood up chuckling, high fiving a guy I'd never seen before, who happened to stop right in front of our table. As his bronze skin glistened angelically under the lights, my attention was captured immediately.

"Yeah well, if we stop having this conversation, she'll be the one with the kids." Mino pointed to me, to my absolute horror.

The man looked down at me. "Hi there. "

I smiled, blurting a small hello. I couldn't help but notice how hot he was.

"Jen, meet Kim Hanbin." I gave a small nod to the guy.

"And Hanbin, this is Jennie Kim." Mino pointed towards me.

"So this is who you've been hanging out with instead of the guys." He smiled, never taking his ebony eyes off of me. "I can see why."

I only hoped that I wasn't blushing furiously.

"You're not going to stay?" Mino questioned.

He shrugged, getting up. "Nah man, I came looking for you. I just need to talk real quick." I didn't miss Mino narrowing his eyes for a second, before casually shrugging, following Hanbin outside the café.

My curious gaze followed both of their figures through the window. They started off with all snickers, with what appeared to be playful banter. Hanbin's eyes caught mine, and he winked at me. But then, what started as jokes and crosstalk, oddly evolved into them arguing about something, heavily, leaving me fazed.

The last thing I noticed was Hanbin storming off, leaving Mino to shout something behind him, flipping him off. I looked at Mino with perplexed eyes as he entered the café again.

"Hey, what happened out there?"

He shrugged, "Nothing, just some chick stuff. Anyway, hope you're free this Saturday. We're going to Hanbin's party." He grinned, collecting his stuff. No sign of any tension.

"We?" My eyes squinted in confusion.

"Yeah, he asked me to invite you too."