Chapter 26

Jennie

I let out an exasperated exhale, "I can't believe it." Let's just say Mino had a bit of a penchant for defacing public property.

"Yo Jen." My shoulder was nudged. "You sure you're not coming? It's going to be lit." Mino said, putting unnecessary emphasis on the last word.

"I've been telling you for a year that parties are not my thing at all."

"And I've been telling you, I don't give a shit."

I sighed, "It's still a no Mino, I don't care for it." I paused, "Besides I have to go to Daenam tonight."

"Yeah, well, it's not just any party. It's the frat party of the year. Not to mention, you got an invitation from Kim Hanbin." He smirked, wriggling his eyebrows suggestively.

"So?"

He sighed, shaking his head at me. "I love you Jennie but," He placed a hand on my shoulder, mockingly. "You're a square with a capital S, aren't you?" I elbowed him, earning myself a grin. He ruffled my hair, bolting past me out of the hall.

I tepidly fixed my hair, sighing as I got up to leave. I'd have to go to the sanatorium tonight, alone. I had finally figured it out. For the past week, all I could wonder, was how a human being could kill another human being in cold blood. How could Lisa Manoban be so cold blooded?

But now as Lisa sat in front of me, in a shirt wet in spots that highlighted the contours of her firm chest, sticking to places it shouldn't be sticking to so tightly, outlining the veins on the length of her arms; I now knew why. No warm blooded human could possibly look like that.

With the small beads of water that sat on her muscles, along with her hair drenched into oblivion, it didn't exactly take a Sherlock to know Lisa had just gotten out of shower.

"Uh..I-" I cut myself off as I realised my mind couldn't form coherent words with the outline of Lisa's chest peeking out of translucent material of the shirt, right up to my eyes. How is it even possible to have a body like that in an asylum? I wondered absent-mindedly. Perhaps Lisa's physique was a result of all her killings. Perhaps murder was her kind of workout.

I watched Lisa watch me, intentions not very apparent. "G-good evening, Ms. Manoban."

I didn't look her in the eyes directly. I couldn't. Not without seeing blood all over Lisa's hands. Not without hearing the blood curdling screams of her victims.

"Back to the stuttering, are we?" Lisa quirked her lips, making me wonder if the smirk had been permanently engraved on her face. "I was almost starting to think that you were beginning to enjoy the company of a psychopath."

Breathe in. Breathe out. Relax. I reminded myself, yet again. "Well," I crossed my arms, attempting to look tough, "You thought wrong." I cleared my throat, refusing to let my resolve be diminished any further, and switched on the recorder.

"Did you find yourself fantasizing about the murders, before or after they took place?"

Lisa curved her lips in the briefest of smiles.

"What do you think Miss Kim?" she spoke in a tone that almost bordered cynicism. "After all, you're the expert here, aren't you? I'm the crazy one."

I swallowed shrinking, shaking my head, "I'm...I'm just a student..."

"So you're admitting you don't know what you're doing?"

My mouth instantly parted in disbelief, "I never said that! I just...I meant...I meant.." I struggled to find the correct words, flailing my hands in an attempt to communicate what I meant.

I paused as I spotted the enlivened expression on the face of the crazed killer across from me, simpering at my bamboozled stance.

Of course Lisa Manoban was getting a kick out of it all.