Chapter 70

Jennie

It was certainly a bliss that I had been robbed of, the day I had opened that damned blue file. My mind went to Mino. He didn't even show up to any of the classes today, but that was typical of him.

Mino was holding up much better than the wreck that I was slowly becoming, my hollow eyes and my micro naps the evidence. But truth to be told, he had imperceptibly become quieter, his chirpiness seeming a little forced.

I could tell from the two times we had talked after the incident, that he was pretending to be unaffected for my sake, but on the inside, Mino too was petrified. He didn't let it show for even a minute though.

We were both well aware of the true colours of the illusion that we were all dabbling in, but only one of us wasn't letting it get to our mind. The other one, however, was falling apart like a blow to a house of fragile cards.

Well, one of us did have sex with Lisa Manoban and was now reaping the consequences.

Now I couldn't decide which was worse, the fact that a raging killer was on the loose or that I had sex with said killer with certain expectations. I felt a form of twisted agony every time I found myself thinking about how I lost my virginity to Lisa Manoban. And those thoughts will lead to me wondering if she will come and look for me.

But when Lisa finds me, what was I to expect? Did I mean something to her? What we did in the institution that very night, did it mean anything to her at all? Is she going to kiss me like she's my knight in shining armour or she's the very deranged killer that is out to kill me?

I shook my head at the diabolical thought.

"Jennie." A hand was placed on my shoulder.

I nearly jumped, my heart almost popping out of my rib cage vigorously. I let out a startled yell as I turned around, meeting the plain blue irises of my friend. The people around us looked at me weirdly.

"Jesus, Mino!" I let out a frantic sigh, catching my breath.

"Jennie." He said again, his face stern and his breath shaky. He wasn't even making an attempt to not look stupefied.

"What happened?" I merely asked, my own voice breathy.

He looked into my eyes solemnly. "A body was found."

I sucked in a sharp breath.

With a whispered tone, Mino continued. "It's a woman. They're saying she's been stabbed to death and.." He paused, closing his eyes for a second, seemingly regulating his breathing. "Her vocal cords had been cut out."

With that, my brain went into a haze. I almost didn't comprehend what Mino said next.

"It's her."

And it was merely just the beginning.