Chapter 89

Jennie

As I collected myself for a bit, I glimpsed up at Mino, sighing as I shook my head lightly. "I'm okay honestly, I... I thought I saw something. It's nothing. What... what are you doing here?"

The look on Mino's went from that of concern to debonair inhumanly fast at my question, "Guess who's driving to Gangchon Mountain Resort with Seolhyun for the weekend?"He flashed the oh-so infamous Mino Song million dollar grin. "Just getting some donuts for the lucky lady."

I gave him a knowing look, rolling my eyes.

"What?" He pouted, "You know what they say about having sex on a rainy day in a hiking trail."

I scrunched up my face, "No, I really don't."

"Of course you don't. Pansy." He grinned teasingly. "Speaking of pansies, you hear about that chick in your dormitory who got sent a dead rabbit?"

I breathed out harshly, choosing to not answer that, as I instead closed my laptop shut.

"Imagine if she's vegan." He threw his head back in laughter at his half-baked joke.

Watching my friend laugh so freely, radiating such cheerful energy, undeniably made me curl up the corner of my lips too.How does he do it?, I wondered, observing the light in his eyes. He knew about the Seoul Ripper roaming free, how was he not showing an ounce of anxiety? The perks of being a carefree extrovert.

"Mino." Came a familiarly deep voice, getting both their attention.

Mino swerved towards him, "Sup man."He smirked, bumping his fist with his. He took the chair opposite to ours. The man then turned towards me, "And the girl who keeps ghosting me." He acknowledged playfully.

"Hey Hanbin." I blurted shyly, "I... I've been meaning to text you back."

"Is that right?" He teased, feigning surprise at my words.

I had barely ever noticed how insanely handsome his face was, so stunningly symmetrical. I could only foolishly smile in response. I found myself, at that moment, wishing for even a quarter of Mino's social skills.

A loud cough sounded from Mino, "You here for something bro?" Hanbin turned to him, "Yeah. Mark told me you'd be here." His luscious lips curled up,"But I see you already got some lovely company here." He got up,"So, I'll catch you later."

"Yeah." Mino nodded swiftly in agreement. I didn't even notice the unbefitting stern look on his face. Not even a second had passed that he'd stepped outside the door, when Mino turned to me with distaste in his sapphire eyes, "What was that?"

"What was what?" I asked, perplexed.

"He was practically eye-fucking you over the table."

"Jesus, Mino!" I spat, appalled. I loved my friend and the quirks that came with him, but sometimes he really did cross a line.

He groaned, "Okay, look. I may have led you on with mentioning his name a few times here and there, but I was just kidding.I never thought you'd really go for it, acting all giddy and shit. So I'm telling you right now, this is not a good idea."

I fought the urge to roll my eyes, "We've just texted, that's it. Not that it's any of your business anyway. Besides, aren't you friends with him?"

"I mean, I guess.." His hand brushed his platinum hair in a dramatic manner as he sighed, "I just want you to know, he's not a good guy Jen. He treats girls like shit."

I couldn't help but scoff at that, "And you don't? That's rich coming from you."