Chapter Eighty-Five: The Castle

Illyana stares at her reflection in the mirror. Around her, attendants assemble the spectacular dress. It is ivory in colour with a tight corset and off-the-shoulders lace sleeves. Golden leaves and vines curl around the neckline and down her torso. The skirts flow in layers of ivory silk, decorated in a golden shimmer. A golden belt sits around her waist.

It is stunning.

Illyana's skin has been covered in flecks of golden glitter. Around her eyes, intricate shadows of browns and blacks have been smoothly blended and layered, decorated with gold liners. Her lips have been painted deep red.  Down the side of her face is a faint white line from where her father had cut her. Cordelia couldn't quite get it to heal all the way. The artists had wanted to cover it, but Illyana told them not to.

She does her own hair. For the most part, she leaves the silky black locks hanging down in glistening waves. However, she ties and twists tiny braids around the top of her head, making a delicate and intricate style to pay homage to the Lupine.

"You look beautiful," Kai says, entering their room. She smiles and nods her head.

"I look like a queen," she replies and turns to him. Her brows raise as she sees his attire. He wears a smooth, ivory jacket with a high collar. On the shoulders are golden pads. Lining the collar are golden threads which make their way down the middle of the jacket and around golden buttons. Over his legs are pristine ivory trousers. His dark brown hair remains in the style Illyana had created for him. With its neatly shaved sides and middle brown locks pulled into a neat bun, the tiny braids tightly running along the sides.

Illyana's heart flutters seeing him and she steps off the little stool and moves toward him. She giggles as she grabs at the sleeves of the dress to try and walk a little easier. Kai laughs.

"It has been so long since I wore a dress like this, I need to practice," she chuckles. He smiles a gorgeous smile and wraps his arms around her waist.

"I want to kiss you," he says, "but your lips are all painted," he sighs. Illyana smiles and looks into his golden-green eyes.

"I want to kiss you too," she sighs, "but we will have to wait."

He chuckles, his chest rumbling beneath her. Leaning down, he presses his lips to her forehead and gives her a big kiss.

"I can't believe this is happening," Illyana whispers.

"It is," he says and moves away from her, holding out his arm. "You deserve it," he explains and the two move to leave the room. Fallon is waiting outside, wearing a spectacular dress of her own.

"Wow, you look weird," Fallon says with a laugh.

"You too," she says, looking over the delicate, royal blue dress Fallon wears. "And absolutely stunning," Illyana compliments. Fallon smiles and flicks her silky, dark brown wavy hair behind her shoulder.  On her head, sits a spectacular, glittering tiara with intricately twisting silver metal, sparkling white gems all curling around three large sapphires.

"I'll admit, I've missed this," Fallon sighs, running her hands through the soft material of her skirts.

"Me too," Illyana sighs. Of course, in true Fallon style, the dress isn't completely traditional. The corset is made from twisting silver metal that looks almost like a breastplate.

"Ana!" Shae shouts behind them. Illyana turns and sees Shae, Cordelia and Ren approaching. He doesn't look impressed wearing a similar suit to Kai. He pulls at the collar uncomfortably. Illyana chuckles and then hugs Shaelyn who wears a delicate lilac dress. Sat nestled around her beautiful, elegantly curled and twisted golden hair, is another tiara. It is very similar to Fallon's but this time has amethyst stones.