Chapter Twenty-Four: Illyana

I wake up still in Kai's arms. My back presses against his chest and his arms hug he tightly. I smile and close my eyes again and take a deep breath. Kai's arms tighten and I smile, enjoying the feeling of his hot skin against mine.

"Good morning," he moans behind me as he wakes.

"Morning," I reply back and neither of us goes to move. Eventually, Kai lets out a long sigh.

"We should get up and meet with the others," he says. I nod my head and turn to face him. We go quiet again, not wanting to leave our little bubble.

"What do we say if anyone asks about our night?" I finally ask. Kai laughs.

"We tell them it's none of their business," he replies. "Just like I told everyone the other day during our meal." I smile and nod my head.

Emmaline already has breakfast on the table when we come down.

"Good morning, Illyana, Malakai. I trust you both had a good night," Emmaline grins as we walk down the stairs. I blush a little and Kai laughs.

"We did," he replies.

"Good," she chuckles.

"Still here then!" Iwan booms as he walks down the stairs to join us.

"Yes, still here," I laugh. We chat whilst we eat and tell the family that the closeness between myself and Kai must be kept a secret. Just because we aren't explicitly going to deny it, it doesn't mean we are going to flaunt it either. This upsets Emmaline but she promises that she won't tell anyone.

Razan and Nishka are waiting outside for us when we leave. I can't help but grin when I see my wolf come running over to me. Zoran and Una are also waiting.

"Where did you both stay last night?" I ask them.

"We stayed with one of Karn's friends," Zoran replies as they walk over to us.

"It was a nice house, but it had a hole in the roof so when the storm hit all I could hear was dripping water landing in a bucket all night," Una groans. Kai lets out a little snort and I smirk, thinking about his little error when sleeping on the balcony, before giving him a glare out of the corner of my eye.

"Yes, we know all about the bad weather," I say and he laughs a little more.

"Maybe I'm misjudging it on purpose," he tells me. I raise my eyebrow.

"Why would you do that?" I ask. He smiles at me and he says the next statement fairly openly as we are only around Una and Zoran.

"What has us being rained on led to?" he asks. I blush and shake my head, trying not laugh. Una laughs and Zoran rolls his eyes. "Where is Cilla and the others?" Kai asks, changing the subject as Una still looks between us with a smile.

"They're just leaving the townhouse now," Una replies and turns so we can follow her. When we get to the large townhouse, the rest of our travel party are already outside waiting.

"Solavar," Karn smiles as we approach. "Princess."

"Good morning Karn," I say with a smile. My eyes fall on Stesha, Hali and Hadya's cousin who is also Hali's partner.

"Good morning, princess," he smirks and looks between myself and Kai. "Enjoy each other's company last night?" An awkward silence falls over the group and I give him a cold glare.

"Enough, Stesha," Kai warns and his dark tone has Stesha going silent. Hali gives me a glare but doesn't say anything. Cilla lets out a laugh and taps Stesha on the shoulder.