chapter 4

I finish setting the table and the doorbell rings. "I've got it I've got it" I almost skip to the door excitedly. "Move out of the way" my mom chuckles, opening the door.

They talk to eachother for a while at the door and meredith hands her a cake that she said she made.

We go through to the living room. Meredith chuckles softly as I sit next to her on the couch. "Its funny.. I've seen a cake that looks just like that in the bakery down the road" I whisper in her ear.

She bites her lip, giggling. "Shh" she says. I chuckle. My mom is in the kitchen. "Mewedith! You're here" amelia walks into the room. "Hi sweetheart" she smiles.

Amelia grabs onto her legs. She picks her up, sitting her on her lap. "She is cute, isn't she?" Meredith looks at me.

I smile, nodding. "Annoying too" I grin, holding her foot. Amy giggles as I kiss her nose.

"I like mer" amelia says. "You've known her for two seconds.. how do you like her?" I ask. "She pretty and smells good and she is nice" she says. Meredith grins at me. I chuckle.

"And I gave your mommy a cake.. just for you!" She tickles her stomach gently. "Weally?!" Her eyes light up. Meredith nods, smiling. Amy giggles, clapping her hands.

"Dewbeaw cake now" she says. "No, we're having dinner in a minute" I say. Her lip trembles. "Don't you dare" I say. She starts screaming crying. I groan.

"Its okay.. its okay" meredith hugs her tight. She sobs into her chest. Lucky bitch. Maybe I should cry too.

"You can have the biggest slice of cake later" she whispers. Amy sniffles, wiping her nose. Meredith wipes her tears. "Weally?" Amy asks. "I promise" meredith says. She smiles.

"You're good with kids" I say. "I'm a teacher" she shrugs. "You are?" I ask. "A high-school teacher.. but honestly, amelias more mature than most of the students I've taught" she says. I chuckle.

"You haven't taught me" I smirk. She rolls her eyes. "I'm very mature" I whisper in her ear. She laughs. "Stop" she whispers. I grin.

My mom walks into the room. "Mommy! Mewedith brought cake" amelia says. "I know sweetheart.. did you say thankyou?" she smiles. "Thankyou" Amy hugs her. "You're welcome" she smiles.

My parents and meredith start talking. "Do you have a job?" My dad asks. "I'm a high-school teacher" she says.

"Oh, where do you work?" My Mom asks. "I'm unemployed at the moment.. I quit my job before I moved here" she says.

"What do you teach?" My dad asks. "English and I sometimes substitute for French.. the language, I mean" she says.

"Speak french" I say. "Do you guys speak French?" She asks. "I take it.. my parents and sisters don't" I say. "tu n'as aucune chance d'être avec moi" she says. (You have no chance to be with me) I gasp.

"mais tu es si belle, comment puis-je résister à essayer?" I smile. (But you're so beautiful, how can I resist trying?) She glares at me.

"Mom is food nearly done? I might starve" I ask. "Yeah sweetheart, soon" she says. "Did you know that merediths house was bigger than ours? The living room is massive" I say. "Marks is bigger too" she says.

"Mark?" Meredith asks. "Other neighbor" I say. "Oh" she says. "He's my friend.. younger than me" I say. She chuckles softly, knowing what I'm getting at. If he gets her before me I'll kill myself.

My mom goes to the kitchen. "Amy go help mommy" I put her on the floor. She runs after her. My dad goes upstairs to get my sisters to come down.

Me and meredith are left alone. "So, does this count as our first date? A little weird with my family here but I can still give you a kiss goodnight" I tease. She rolls her eyes, grinning.

"I'm going on a real date tomorrow.. for your information" she says. "What? With who?" I ask. "None of your business" she grins.

"I bet he's taking you somewhere crap" I say. Tell me where you're going. "No he's not actually, we're going to that new restaurant down the road" she says. I look away, smiling.

"Well, as long as its not before 6am.. thats when the men come to take the trash" I say. "Who goes on a date at 6am? It's at 6pm infact" she giggles. And there we go.