chapter 56

Derek's pov:
"Derek.. sweetie?" She mumbles. I look back at her. She reaches over to my side of the bed. "I'm here" I walk over, stroking her hair gently.

She turns around and sits up. "Good morning handsome" she holds her arms out. "Good morning beautiful" I chuckle softly, hugging her.

"We have the room until 12pm.. is there anything else you'd like to do before we go?" I stroke her cheek with my thumb. "I'd like to stay in bed with you for a bit" she smiles.

"Der?" She says. I don't answer. "Stop staring at me!" She giggles. "You're so gorgeous" I say, looking at her perfect naked body. She smiles.

"Hey!" She moves away as I lean in to kiss her. "Please" I move closer. "No" she puts her hand on my chest. I chuckle softly, laying next to her.

"Can I still touch you?" I ask. "Yes" she says. I put my hand on her stomach, pulling her close. I rest my hand on her chest as I spoon her.

Meredith's pov:
It's a few hours later and I'm driving us home. I feel him watching me closely the whole way back.

We get out of the car. He steps close to me. I look into his eyes. "So.. friends?" He whispers. "Definitely friends" I smile.

"I'll see you on Monday derek" i say. "Bye" he says. I walk away. "Text me if you need anything.. or if you just need to talk, okay?" He says. I turn back around. I smile, nodding. "Promise?" He says. "Promise" I say.

I walk into my house. I smile as I see my phone on the couch that I accidentally left behind last night. I grab it.

I furrow my brows as I realise I have a bunch of missed calls from the principle. I ring him back.

----

"So I have to let you go.. I'm sorry but I've had too many complaints about you" he says. A tear runs down my cheek. "Okay, bye" I hang up.

I slam the phone down and walk next door. I knock on the door. Carol opens it. "You said you wouldn't say anything to the school" I say.

"I didn't" she furrows her brows. I wipe my cheeks with my hands. "I just got a call from the principle.. I was fired" I say.

"Meredith, I promise that I didn't say anything" she says. "Well who complained about me?" I sigh. "I have no idea" she says.

"You were fired?" Derek walks over. "Derek go to your room" Carol says. "No! She's upset" he hugs me.

I feel amelia hug my legs too. "I'm gonna go" I pull away. "No!" Amy stomps her foot. "I'll see you soon sweetheart" I kneel down to her. I kiss her head.

Carolyn's pov:
I sigh quietly as I look down at her and amelia. Amelia hugs her tight. "Bye bye" meredith pulls away.

"No, stay meredith" I say. "You want me to stay?" She stands up. I nod. "I reacted poorly yesterday.. I-" I stop. I look at derek. "Go away, the adults are talking" I say.

"Wha-" he chuckles. I raise my brow. He groans, walking away. "I was just suprised, but I-I can see that he does love you" I say. She smiles small.

"And I assume that nothing happened until he was 18.. I know the law says 16 but he was still-" I say. "Of course nothing happened.. I would never" she says.

"I really didn't tell the school" I say. "I believe you" she says. "Do you want a coffee?" I ask. She smiles, nodding.

Derek's pov:
I go downstairs a couple of hours later. "What's happening?" I ask as I see them sat in the kitchen, laughing.

"Go away derek" meredith says. "Hey, what did I do?" I chuckle. "You tried to come between me and carol" she glares at me. I roll my eyes as they both laugh.

"Meredith.. mooommmmm" I say. "What?" They both ask. I clear my throat. "What does this mean for us.. me and you.. mer" I ask. She looks at my mom.

"I will be okay with whatever meredith wants.. even if that means that you two are together" she says. "Really?" Meredith asks. She nods.

Meredith looks at me. She smiles. I smile. "Okay" I grin, sitting opposite them. "But there will be rules" Carol says. "I'm 24" meredith says. "And he's 18.. deal with it" she says. "Ha! You got told" I laugh. She glares at me.

"You're allowed sleepovers, and you're allowed here whenever you want.. but he needs to tell me beforehand, just so I know where he is and that he's okay" she says. We both nod.

"And you both have to hang out with amelia more.. she loves you and I need more time to myself" she says. We both chuckle. "Fine" I say. "Agreed" meredith says.

"And if you break his heart I will kill you" she looks at meredith. I smile. "And same goes to you" she glares at me. "What? I'm your son!" I say. "And she's my friend.. be nice to eachother" she says. We both chuckle.

"I didn't realise you could be so bitchy" meredith says. Carol looks at her, smiling. "I knew" I mumble. She glares at me. I grin.

"I didn't realise you could be such a pushover.. defend yourself if anyone tries to push you around like I did.. what's wrong with you?" My Mom hits her lightly. Meredith chuckles, shrugging.

"I gotta go.. find a job or something" meredith chuckles, shaking her head. She stands up. "Bye" she hugs my mom. She kisses amelias head.

"Bye der" she smiles hugely, kissing me softly. "Bye" I grin. She leaves. I look at my mom. "You're really okay with it?" I ask. "I'll get used to it" she smiles. I walk around to her. "I love you" I kiss her head. She smiles. "I love you too" she says.

"Hey, no more keeping secrets or lying to me, okay?" She says. I nod. "Sorry" I say. "Its okay, go and tidy your room" she says. I go upstairs.