chapter 42

I'm walking down the school hallway. Everyone looks at merediths classroom as a scream comes from there. "What the fuck!?" She yells. Everyone just goes back to doing what they were doing.

I run into her classroom. "Hey, what's wrong? Are you okay?" I hug her as she runs over to me. "Why did you scream?" I put my hand on her cheek as she pushes her face into my shoulder. I look down at her.

I look at her desk and see finn sat there. "What the hell" I pull away from her. "He tried to touch me" she whispers, hiding back in my arms.

I pull away from her. "No, derek please" she tries to hold me back as I walk towards him. "He's pissed" I say, smelling the alcohol from feet away. She nods.

"Don't do anything.. its fine, we can just tell the principle" she says. "Where did he touch you?" I ask. "Just on my thigh.. he tried putting his hand up my skirt" she says.

"We're you on your way to your football game?" She asks. "Yes but I'll stay with you" I say. "No, I don't wanna be in this classroom right now.. can I watch?" She asks.

"Of course you can but are you sure? We can just go somewhere quiet if you want" I say. She shakes her head. "Its about time I see you play anyway" she says. "Okay" I say.

"You go first" I say. "Okay" she says. She let's go of my hand, leaving the classroom. I look back at finn who's still sat In her chair passed out.

I walk over to him. I punch him in the face hard. He groans drunkenly. I push him off of the chair and walk out.

I see meredith sat on the bleachers. "I'll see you after" I say. "What happened to- derek! You didn't" she says as she sees my red knuckles. "Sorry" I say. She sighs, shaking her head. "Go play" she says. I do.

After the game I look over but realise she's no longer there. Oh. She didn't see me win the game.

I go and grab my things. I smile as I see a text from her telling me to meet her under the bleachers.

I run under the bleachers. I smile as she immediately puts her hand on the back of my neck, pulling me down to kiss me.

I push her up against a pole gently. "You were amazing der" she pulls away slowly. "Thankyou.. I thought you left" I say. "No, I saw the whole game.. you're very talented" she says.

She kisses me again. "Will you let me buy the winner a congratulations dinner?" She asks. "It was only a small game" I chuckle. She smiles. "Please" she says. "Okay" I smile.

We hear people giggling, coming under the bleachers. I gasp, turning us around so she's hidden infront of me. I kiss her so they can't see her face.

"Oh, someone's here" the girl says. I look back and they've gone. "Good save" she giggles. I chuckle. "We should get out of here" I say. She nods. I get changed first, then we go to a restaurant for a date.