chapter 116

1 month later:
I'm in my room, looking out my window at meredith sunbathing in the garden. She knows I'm looking. She keeps looking at me.

She looks at me again and waves. I sit up straight as I see a group of guys watching her on the street. I get up and go downstairs.

I go outside. I sit next to her on the grass, guarding her. "What are you doing?" She asks. She follows my eyes to the guys infront of us.

"I'm okay derek, I can handle myself" she says. "You live alone now" I say. "I'm fine" she smiles small.

"You miss me?" She smiles. "I didn't come here to talk" I say coldly. "You came here to get a closer look?" She rolls onto her stomach. "Meredith" I sigh as my eyes trail down to her ass.

"Hey! Piss off!" I yell at the guys. They run away as I stand up. I sit back down.

"I miss you" she mumbles into her arm. I don't say anything. She sits up slowly. "I'm gonna win you back" she puts her hand on my thigh, leaning over to kiss my cheek.

"I'm over you" I look at her. "You are?" She asks. I nod. We both know I'm not. "I'm over you too" she grins.

I look into her eyes. "I'm gonna be over you" I say. "Soon?" She asks. "Yes" I say. "Good luck with that sweetheart" she giggles, laying back down.

"Call me if you need me" I put my hand on her thigh. "Okay" she smiles. I get up and walk away. "And stop perving on me through your window, derek" she teases. I look back at her and smile. I go inside.

A week later:
There's a knock at the door. I go and answer it. I'm home alone. "Meredith" I smile as I see her. I haven't seen her in a whole week.

"Guess what derek" she says. "What?" I ask. "I got a job!" She hugs me. "Oh my god baby thats amazing" I squeeze her tight.

I pull away slowly. We get lost in eachothers eyes but I eventually snap back to reality and look away. She steps into the house and I close the door behind her, but we stay just next to the door.

"I'm really happy for you" I say. "Thanks" she says. "Where is it?" I ask. "Its actually at a college.. the one next to your school" she says. I laugh.

"What?" She asks. "Are you joking?" I ask. She frowns. "I applied to go there" I whisper. "No" she says. I nod.

"Well I'm teaching-" she shakes her head. "Childcare" we say in unison. "I'm not being your teacher again!" She laughs. "Looks like you are" I grin.

"Why are you doing childcare?" She asks. "I-I wanna become a teacher" I say nervously. "You do?" She smiles brightly. I nod slowly.

"Derek" she hugs my neck. I hug her waist. "I look up to you so much.. personally and professionally" I say. "You're the best" she pulls away slowly.

"I can't believe this is happening again" she giggles. "Me either" I chuckle.

"I didn't think you could become a college professor?" He asks. "I got a degree in childcare, English and got all my qualifications to become a teacher.. I can teach anyone" she shrugs.

"Is it a good paying job?" I ask. "Better than my last.. I can pay for the house" she smiles. "That's good" I say.

She backs up, leaning against the door as I step forwards. I put my hands on her waist, leaning down to her. She lifts her face up to mine. We stare into eachothers eyes.

Her breath catches in her throat as our noses brush together. "Anyway, I just.. wanted to come over and tell you the good news" she breathes. "I'm really proud of you mer" I dodge her lips and give her a kiss on the cheek. She smiles.

"I'm so proud of you honey.. you know what you want to be when you're older!" She says enthusiastically, hugging me again. I smile.

We pull away slowly. "I should go" she says. "Okay" I say. "Unless.." she turns back around. "Yes?" I ask. "I can sneak you into the bar with me" she smirks. "Okay" I grin.

"Go and get ready.. meet me at ou- my house" she says. "Okay" I say. She leaves. I go upstairs.