chapter 31

I get up in the morning. Derek left last night after I fell asleep so I just get changed, get in my car and drive to work.

I walk into school and go to my classroom. "Happy birthday!" All of my students jump out at me as I walk in. I gasp.

"How do you all know-" I stop, looking at derek. I glare at him. "Thankyou guys" I chuckle softly. They all sit down.

I walk over to derek as they're all distracted with getting their books out. "I'm going to kill you" I whisper in his ear. "I just wanted to suprise you" he says. "I told you I don't do birthdays" I say. He sighs.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you mad" he says. "Its okay" I shrug. "I just wanted to give you a good birthday cause it sounds like you haven't really had one before" he says. Its true, I haven't.

I look into his eyes. "Thats actually really nice.. Now I want to kiss you" I say. He chuckles. "Go teach" he says. I walk to the front of the class.

After class derek stays back. He locks the door. I walk over to him, putting my hands on his jaw. He grabs my waist, kissing me passionately.

I pull away for a breath. "You need to get to your next class" I breathe, stumbling back slightly. "No, I wanna stay with you.. please let me stay" he looks down at my cleavage.

I giggle. "No, I could get into trouble if they find out you were bunking off in my classroom" I say. He whines. "Go der, you're gonna be late" I say. He groans, pulling away. He leaves.

I sit down to fill out some paperwork. I teach another lesson for an hour after break.

At lunch derek walks into the classroom. He locks the door. "Mhm, hi sweetheart" I smile, putting down the whiteboard pen as he wraps his arms around me from behind, kissing my neck.

I turn around in his arms. I kiss him deeply. I smile, pulling away slowly. "I have the rest of the day off" I say. "Oh, I'll come with you" he says. "Absolutely not" I say.

He nods. He follows me out of the school. "Derek, go back inside!" I yell. "No" he says. I groan.

I get in my car and drive away. Once I get around the corner I sigh, stopping. I see him walking up to my car. "Fine, get in!" I yell. He gets in.

"Thanks, I really didn't want to walk" he sighs. "Its fine" I say. "You're the best.. pleeeaassee marry me?" He says. "Stop proposing to me!" I giggle, hitting him. He grins. "Never" he says.

"You knew from the first day you met me that I'm absolutely obsessed with you" he grabs my hand, entwining our fingers.

"I can tell" I smile as he kisses my cheek a bunch of times. "Stop" I giggle, pushing him away. He grins.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He asks. "What?!" I come to a quick stop at the traffic lights as I hardly notice them turn red.

He chuckles. "Will you be my girlfriend?" He puts his hand on my jaw, making me look at him. "No!" I say. He frowns. "I mean, not no.. I just- I-" I say. "No, it's okay.. nevermind" he says.

I drive to my house and park. We get out. "I might go to the park or something instead" he walks away. "No, der.. don't be like that" I grab his arm, pulling him into my house.

He sighs. I close the door behind us. "I want to spend the day with you" I put my hands on his cheeks. He's still frowning.

"I didn't mean to say no, I was just shocked" I say. He rolls his eyes. "I've never really been anyone's girlfriend before" I say. "I've never been anyone's boyfriend before" he says.

"So we should do it together" I smile, my hand on his waist and my other holding his hand.

"Ask me again" I say. "No" he says. "Derek" I say shocked. "You have to ask me now" he says. I grin. He smiles proudly. "Fine" I chuckle.

I kinda wobble in my heels as I kneel infront of him on one knee. He grins. "Derek Christopher shepherd, would you please give me the honor of you being my boyfriend?" I ask.

"Ummmm.. I'll think about it" he walks away. I gasp. "I'm just kidding! I'm kidding! Please still be my girlfriend" he runs back over. I laugh.

He puts his hands on my waist, picking me up off of the floor. I wrap my arms around his neck, my back arching as he kisses me.

He pulls away slowly. "Happy birthday beautiful" he hugs me. I smile. "I know you said not to but I got you like a million presents and hid them in your house after you left this morning" he says.

"How did you get into my house?" I laugh as he pulls me upstairs. "Window" he says. I chuckle. We go upstairs.