chapter 115

Carolyns pov:
"Mama, what wrong with dewek?" Amelia walks into the room slowly, scared to see her brother crying, hugging me tight.

"He's okay ames, come here" I say. I stroke Derek's hair gently. "Derek" I whisper. He pulls away and picks up amelia.

"Are you upset because of mewedith?" She asks. He nods. She wipes his tears with her small hands. "It okay dewek, I not like her anymore.. you my bestest fwiend, not her" she says. "Thanks amy" he smiles small.

"I down now" she wriggles in his arms. He puts her down. "Where you going baby?" I ask as she walks away. She doesn't answer.

"I'm gonna make you something to eat" I get up. I look at him. I sigh as I see the sadness on his face. "You'll be okay derek" I lean down and kiss his head.

"I thought she was the one.. I wanted to marry her" he says. "I know baby, I know" I whisper.

"I should call her" he says. "No" I grab his phone. "Mom" he sighs. "That's not a good idea honey" I say. He lays down in bed and pulls the covers over himself. I go to the kitchen.

"Amy!" I yell. I frown as she doesn't answer. I look all around the house for her. I go back up to dereks room. I smile as I see she's cuddling derek.

Derek's pov:
"Maybe you get together again" she says. "I don't think so ames" I sigh. "Why?" She asks.

"She kissed another boy" I say. "That not good?" She asks. "Very bad" I say. She nods, telling me she understands.

"Can I talk to mewedith?" She asks. "Of course you can.. her and mommy are still friends" I say. "No, I yell at mewedith" she says. I smile. I kiss her head.

Carolyns pov:
It's the next day. Derek is at marks house. "Amy, you wanna go see meredith with me?" I ask. She nods. I hold her hand. We go next door.

She opens the door. "Hi" she let's us both in. Amelia sits next to me on the couch with her arms crossed. Meredith gets us both a glass of wine.

"Hi amy" she smiles at her, kneeling infront of her. Amelia glares at her. "You hurted my bwother" she says.

"Come on ames, I can't have you being mad at me too" she says in a playful voice, but I can tell she's genuinely hurt.

"Mommy I no speak to her" she says stubbornly. "Amelia, please" meredith says tearfully. "I told dewek I not be fwiends with you now" she says. "Amelia, be nice" I whisper.

Meredith sighs, sitting down on the couch. "How is Derek?" She asks. "He's at marks right now.. he's better than he was yesterday" I say. "Good" she says.

"Does he know you're here?" She asks. I shake my head. "Does he hate me?" She asks quietly. "No" I whisper.

"You think we're gonna get back together?" She asks. "Meredith" I say. I feel weird talking to her about this. "Sorry" she says.

We stay for a couple of hours and amelia and meredith make up pretty quickly.

She walks me to the door. "Thanks for coming over carol" she says. "Of course" I smile. She's holding amelia, who's hugging her neck.

"Bye bye mewedith" she kisses her cheek. "Bye ames" she smiles, putting her down.

"You not tell dewek we fwiends again" amelia says. "I promise i wont" meredith says. Amelia smiles. I hold her hand. We leave.