chapter 72

I get home late from football practice because I went out with the team after to a cafe.

I walk into merediths house. She's sat on the couch with a glass of wine on the coffee table infront of her watching tv. I smile.

"Hi sweetheart" she says. I sit next to her. She kisses me. "I cant tell you how much I missed you today" she hugs me tight. I smile brightly. "I missed you too" I say.

She sits on my lap. I pull her legs onto the couch next to us, pulling a blanket over us both.

"Are you okay? You seem down" I ask. "I've been alone all day" she shrugs. "I'm sorry" I kiss her cheek. "Its alright.. I should be used to it by now, but it just reminded me how alone I actually am" she whispers.

"What? No you're not.. you have me" I furrow my brows. "I live alone.. and I only have you" she says. "Am I not enough?" I grin. She chuckles. "You're more than enough, sweetheart" she hugs me.

Meredith's pov:
We cuddle for a bit before I decide I should order some dinner. "Can I play on your xbox?" He asks. I'm talking on the phone to the takeaway place so I Ignore him.

"Please mer, please" he puts his hands on my waist. "Yes honey, you can" I say. I smile as he kisses me before walking upstairs to my home office.

Once I'm off the phone, I go upstairs too. I smile, looking at him playing his game. The only reason I got the xbox was so he'd want to stay over more, not that I told him that.

"did it connect to your account okay? So you can talk to your friends?" I ask. He nods. "Good" I lean down, kissing his cheek. I wrap my arms around his neck from behind, watching the screen with him.

The doorbell rings. "That was quick" I say. I run downstairs and grab the order. I go back upstairs and put it on my bed.

"Derek!" I yell, sitting down. He walks in. He sits next to me. "Thankyou" he says as I give him his food. We start eating.

Once we're finished I throw the trash into the bin. "You wanna finish this?" He passes me some fries. I eat them.

"I'm going to play xbox" he says. "Play with me instead" I put my hands on his waist, leaning close to him. He kisses me. "No" he says. "Derek" I chuckle.

"Fine, I will play with you" he smirks, tugging on my shirt. I giggle. "No, der.. I just want to watch TV with you.. please" I say. "Okay, come here" he pulls me closer to him, leaning against the headboard.

Derek's pov:
I look at her as we watch the movie. She hasn't talked the whole time. Usually she doesn't shut up.

"Meredith?" I say. She looks at me. "Mhm?" She smiles. "You okay?" I brush her hair back gently. She nods. "You sure?" I ask.

"I love you" she sighs, hugging me. "You're okay?" I ask. She nods. I climb between her legs. She smiles. I snuggle into her, my head on her chest. She strokes my back gently with one hand and plays with my curls with the other.

I wrap my arms around her waist, cuddling my face into her breasts. "Comfy?" She giggles. I grin, nodding. "I'm cold" I say.

I run my hands down, putting them under her ass to warm them up. "What the hell are you doing?" She giggles. "Warming my hands up!" I say. She laughs.

She pulls a big fluffy blanket over us both. I smile as I soon hear her gentle snores. I carefully pull myself up. I tuck her in and kiss her cheek softly before going back to her office. I grab my headset and sit down.