chapter 35

I walk out of the pantry, my legs wobbling. I grab onto the kitchen counter to hold myself up.

He chuckles, doing up his trousers as he walks out after me. He puts his hands on my waist.

I smile, looking back at him. I turn around so I'm facing him and he helps to hold me up.

"I hate you.. get that stupid grin off of your face" i giggle. He chuckles. "You should be proud too.. that was definitely some of our finest work" he teases. I giggle.

"I know! I've never heard you make those noises before" I tease back. He chuckles. I wrap my arms around his neck, kissing him. My back arches slightly as he wraps his arms around me.

I pull away as I hear a car in the driveway. I look out the window. "Its your mom" I say. "Crap.. I should sneak into my bedroom window.. she thinks I slept there last night" he says.

"Go, quick.. tell her I've still got amy" I say. He kisses me softly before running out my back door. I watch him to make sure he's okay as he grabs the ladder quickly from his garage and climbs up it, into his window.

I let out a breath. I go back upstairs. Amelias awake and sat on the middle of the bed.

"Hi honey, you wanna help me bake some cookies?" I ask. She nods enthusiastically.

"What do you do in the morning? Do you have a routine?" I pick her up. She shrugs. "Do you need potty?" I ask. She nods. I take her to the bathroom.

We wash our hands and start baking. "Roll it into a ball shape" I help her. She puts it on the tray. I put it in the oven.

"Now we just have to wait" I pick her up, taking her to the couch. I sit her on my lap and turn on the TV.

"How long?" She asks. "Not too long sweetie" I say. We watch TV until the timer bleeps.

She screams excitedly, running to the oven. I chuckle, following her. I lift her onto the counter. I put on the oven mitts and take them out. "Don't touch.. hot, okay?" I say. She nods.

I put the cookies onto a plate. "Do you want to decorate them?" I ask, grabbing some ingredients for frosting. She nods. I make it and she decorates them.

I put them on a plate. "Here" I hold one to her lips. She takes a bite. "Any good?" I ask. She nods. I take a bite of the same one but let her eat the rest of it.

"These are for your mommy, okay?" I say. She nods. "Should we go over and give them to her?" I ask. She nods.

She holds her arms out for me. I pick her up. I grab the plate too. We go next door. I knock.

She opens the door. "Hey, me and Amy made you these" I say. She smiles. "Come in" she says. We walk in. I put the cookies on the kitchen counter. I sit Amy on a chair.

I hug Carol. "Are you okay?" I ask. "Yeah, I am" she smiles small, pulling away slowly.

"You smell like cologne" she says. "Oh, I hugged derek earlier.. it might be that" I chuckle nervously. If you call loud hot naked sweaty sex in a pantry hugging.

"Yeah, that's it.. you could smell that stuff from a mile away" she chuckles. "I wear it just for you beautiful" he walks into the room. I glare at him. Carol chuckles.

"Its true, he sprays just about the whole bottle on himself before he leaves to school" Carol says. I giggle.

"How are you sweetie? You okay?" I ask as if I don't already know. "Yes.. but I could use a hug" he grins. I chuckle. "Fine" I pretend to be annoyed.

I hug him. I scream as he picks me up. "Put her down!" Carol says. Amy laughs. He chuckles. I giggle as he puts me down.

I hit his chest. "Idiot!" I say. "Oh you love it" he kisses my cheek. "Ahh" I wipe my cheek. He laughs.

"You have like a thousand detentions for that" I say. "I'd die to spend an hour alone with you in a classroom after school" he whispers.

"Disgusting" Carol says. He laughs. "Do you always say such stupid things infront of your mom?" I say. He shrugs, grinning.

"Do you want a cookie? Me and Amy made them" I pass one to him. "Ummm" he says. "I followed a recipe, don't worry" I say. He takes a bite. "That's good" he says. I smile.

"Do you like them.. Amy did most of the hard work, didn't you honey?" I high five her. She grins, nodding. "They're really good" Carol says. I smile.

I pick up amelia. She giggles, wrapping her arms around my neck. "Oh, but she gets a kiss?" Derek rolls His eyes as I kiss her cheek. I giggle. I put her back down.

"I'm gonna go.. are you sure you're okay Carolyn? I can watch Amy for a bit longer if not" I say. "I'm okay.. thankyou so much though" she smiles. "Of course" I say.

"Bye" I say to all of them before leaving back to my house again to get ready for the rest of my day.