chapter 117

"Don't drink too much" she says as I throw back another shot. "Why not?" I ask. "Because I'm responsible for you" she chuckles.

"I'm gonna go to the toilet.. do not move" she stands up. "Okay" I smile at her. She kisses my cheek before walking away.

I look down to hide my blushing. I take a sip of my drink. "Hey" a girl sits next to me. "Hi" I smile.

Merediths pov:
I walk out of the bathroom and my smile fades instantly as I see derek talking to a girl.

He laughs with her as she writes something down on a napkin and hands it to him. He puts it in his pocket. She walks away.

I walk over to him. "Hey" I put my hand on his back. He looks at me. "Hi" he smiles.

I lean in slowly. He looks into my eyes as our lips brush together softly. I kiss him. We close our eyes.

He pulls away. "What are you doing?" He sighs. I kiss him again, putting my hands on his cheeks. "Meredith, I don't want you to kiss me!" he pushes me away gently.

"I'm so angry with you" he stands up. I look up at him. "Is this where you were when you kissed that other guy?" He steps forward. "I-" I frown.

"Spit it out" he says. "Yes" I whisper. "Was it just your lips he kissed.. did you let him kiss your neck too? Did he touch you?" He asks. "Derek" I tear up.

"I came here because I love you a lot.. and I don't want you to celebrate your new job alone, but I do not want to get back with you.. you betrayed me and broke my heart" he says.

"Its been a month and you're already flirting with other girls" I say. "What? Is that why you're kissing me? You're jealous? Seriously!?" He chuckles.

"Derek" I say. "You cheated on me.. I'm allowed to do whatever I want" he says. "I'm sorry" I say tearfully.

He walks away. My mouth falls open slightly and tears run down my cheeks as he walks over to the girl, whispers something in her ear and they leave together.

I grab my bag and leave, getting in my car and going home to drink more and watch tv whilst my ex boyfriend gets laid.

Derek's pov:
I'm in my room, alone. I dropped the girl off home straight away. All I whispered in her ear is that I can give her a lift. I just wanted to hurt meredith. Now I feel bad. Really really bad.

I look out my bedroom window but her blinds are closed. I get up and go downstairs. I knock on the door.

She opens it. "Derek" she wipes her cheeks quickly. "Hey do you have any condoms?" I ask. She looks at me shocked. I laugh as she hits my arm hard.

"I'm joking!" I say. She slams the door in my face. I chuckle. "Meredith" I knock lightly. She opens it and hits me again.

"I'm kidding.. come here" I pull her into my arms. "I'm sorry for being so mean earlier" I say. "I get it" she says. I kiss her head. "I love you" she says. I sigh quietly.

"I didn't mean to hurt you" her voice is really shaky. "I know" I say. "That's the last thing I ever wanted to do" she says. "I know, meredith" I say.

"Do you know how much I love you?" She wipes her tears. "I have some idea" I smile. I lean down and kiss her softly. She smiles.

"Now get yourself upstairs and go to sleep.. no worrying about me because I promise, its gonna be a long long time before I move on from you" I say. "Okay" she grins.

I close the door for her. I wait until I hear it lock before going back home. I go to bed.