chapter 37

Derek's pov:
It's the next day and I've literally waited hours until I can finally see her in my next class. She's not answering any of my texts or calls and are wouldn't answer the door when I went over again yesterday.

I walk into English. I stop as I see cristina stood there. "Where's meredith?" I ask. "Miss grey is ill" she says, correcting me infront of one of my other classmates. I sigh.

"Don't you dare! Sit down" she warns as she sees I'm about to leave the classroom. I sigh, sitting down.

After class I rush home and knock on her door. "Meredith please answer.. I know you can hear me, you're on the couch watching the new season of the crown with a glass of wine in your hand, aren't you?" I smile.

My smile fades again as she ignores me. "Meredith please.. please please" I say. She doesn't answer.

I reach for the spare key hidden under a plant pot and unlock the door. I walk in.

"Mer!" I walk over as I see her passed out on the couch. I sigh as I see a glass of wine infront of her. She must've drank too much last night after I left.

I was right about the crown though. Its on right now. I pick up the remote and turn it off.

"Hey" I whisper, shaking her gently. She opens her eyes slowly. She sits up. "What are you doing here?" She asks groggily. "Please hear me out" I say.

"You don't love me.. you've literally proposed to me multiple times and even have actually said it before we started dating, but you can't say it when I say it to you?" She says. "Mer-" I say.

"You're the first person I've ever said that to.. the first guy I've dated.. and I got rejected" she says. "I did not reject you" I say.

"I thought you did love me back.. I-I feel so stupid" a tear runs down her cheek. She wipes it with her hand. "You're not stupid" I pull her hand away from her face gently, holding it tight. I put my other hand on her cheek. Her lip trembles.

"I-I was just so panicked.. the other day one of the guys in class came up to me and said that he saw us together.. he threatened to tell the principle if we didn't end it" I explain.

"I was going to end it with you today.. so you wouldn't lose your job and get hurt.. when you told me you love me I just couldn't believe that I was actually going to hurt you the next day" I say.

"Oh" she whispers, looking down, her lip trembling. "I'm so sorry" I say. "You were protecting me?" She asks. "Trying to" I sigh. She hugs me.

"We can deal with the guy, alright?" She says. I nod. "I'm sorry" I squeeze her tighter. "Its okay" she says.

We pull away. She sighs, giggling as she wipes her tears. "I'm really embarrassed" she says. "About what?" I ask. "I don't normally- I'm just not very open with my feelings.. love is a huge step for me" she says.

"Do you want to get some more rest upstairs?" I ask. She nods. I kiss her softly. We get up and go upstairs. I tuck her in.

She grins at me. I smile, shaking my head. I check under the bed and in the closet. "Thankyouu" she giggles. "I should go home" I say. "Okay" she whispers. I kiss her softly. She smiles at me before I leave.